Bury and Bolton’s EFL place

GOAT

37 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Aye Rangers going on loan to league 1 for the rest of the season got to be right up there 

How is it going on loan? 😂😂 it would be us leaving Scottish football for English. 

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

Only way I could realistically see it happening if we were to buy Bury, clear the debts etc and then relocate to Glasgow with a name change???? 

Literally cannot happen under EFL rules which were changed to stop that happening after MK Dons bought Wimbledon.

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Interesting point, but they will probably promote from the English league structure, although if there's any chance of a time that it could happen, then it's the best opportunity for us. 

There are Welsh teams in the English system, so why not. Would mean no access to the Champions League riches for a while though, and not sure what the League One/ Two money is like, though I'm sure we would soon be pushing for premier league promotion.

With the CL structure making it increasingly difficult for teams from leagues like the SPL to qualify, its possible we would make a return to the groups and break into the latter stages faster starting from League 1 than staying in the SPL. That said it won't happen, English teams will be promoted up the leagues. 

37 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

When you broke that seat last season by punching fuck out of it, did you headbutt it as well?

It would explain a lot.

Speaking of breaking things, how’s the virginity going?  You found that right guy yet?

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

As sad as it is, what I want to know is why aren’t us and the bheggers asking the football league if we can take the two clubs positions?

ok we’ll probably be told no, but surely it can’t hurt to ask the question?  

From what ivd seen ths matter has already been resolved with less delegations should they not make their respective deadlines.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

As sad as it is, what I want to know is why aren’t us and the bheggers asking the football league if we can take the two clubs positions?

ok we’ll probably be told no, but surely it can’t hurt to ask the question?  

Always worth starting a thread on this imo. We should try to keep the topic on the agenda.

I totally understand the response of "fuck that, they don't want us, it'll never happen". But to try to argue that it wouldn't be a fantastic thing for the club is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Nah, we're a Scottish club and we should focus on improving Scottish football not leaving it in the lurch

We are already pioneering youth football in Scotland with other clubs now beginning to follow our approach. Hopefully in time this will lead to a higher standard of league, more money etc. 

Maybe the worst post I’ve ever seen on here. No offence but Scottish football is dead. Kills me that clubs like fucking Bournemouth can attract bigger names than us because of the finances. Fair enough that’s not Scottish clubs fault but their attitude towards us is pure vitriol and the sooner we were to leave this backwater the better. 

A British league would be amazing, and that would include all Scottish clubs. I don’t know why it can’t be done, it would make the premier league an even bigger spectacle. Who wouldn’t  want to see celtic getting the run around at places like Chelsea, West Ham & Leeds etc