***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Hopefully a massive COVID peak the night.  League over.  HEAR WE GO FOR ONE IN A ROW.............

Next hour or so, dont want to share a tainted title with anycunt that wins a 3pm kick off the day

Strong first half. Second 45 not great, but we won a difficult opening day fixture away to the  sheep. Something to build on,  I'd have taken one nil before kick off.

Positives: Solid defensively, never gave much away, 3 points on the board, can see potential in the XI, Balogun probably as composed as he could be on his debut, Hagi & Kent could really push on this season

Negatives: we created pretty much nothing in the first 75 minutes, reverted to type v the low block & passing became sloppy in the 2nd 45

Delighted to be down the road with 3 points mind you.

Happy we won. Also happy to Kent on the score sheet!

I would've liked another goal to make it a bit more comfortable but all in all I thought it a lot more professional than the last few results up there. Seemed a lot less stressful and panicky at the back to me but maybe I've just had too many already :lol:

All in all 3 points is the be all end all here for me.

We move on. Bring on the Zungu. 

Also, Considine is a filthy bastard.

Just now, Darrenmt7 said:

Wins a win but improvement still needed, Need to be consistent for the whole game, Far too much safe passing  and creating few  chances,  Play like that all the time and we will have inconsistent results guaranteed.

Still lacking fire power going forward.  

Not the best second half I must say.

Too many mediocre performances from Hagi, Borna, Tav & Jack.

As for Kamara, he does the job he is asked to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kent was my MOTM. Balogun looked great and Goldson has been excellent in all games so far.

Good result. Good win. Putting to bed our last few failures up there.

Good first half. Poor second half.

Kent carrying on his pre season form, scoring goals, creating chances, looking bright.

Balogun looks assured, composed and also has a turn of pace. Goldson solid too. Sheep offered nothing though so hard to judge.

Kent, Aribo, Morelos, and Hagi all showed flashes. A lot didn't come off, sometimes they tried to be too cute but I don't mind that, I like they are trying to make things happen. Just a bit more care at times needed. Certainly signs that this will get better in time. When they click they will be devastating (with or without Alfie IMO).

All in all, massive 3 points. We move on.

Archived