Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

Missed most of this tonight.

Heard one bear ask how Sturgeon would react to today’s legal decision given her willingness to chip in over the Goodwillie story but he was quickly closed down with a “we’ll get to that later”.

Don't know if the biggest news story of the year was revisited or not?

55 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Heard one bear ask how Sturgeon would react to today’s legal decision given her willingness to chip in over the Goodwillie story but he was quickly closed down with a “we’ll get to that later”.

It was. 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Just listened just now, never heard anything about Sturgeon but in Clyde's defence they did air today's ruling and also played a statement from one of the victims representatives who said this could be a watershed case and celtic have now nowhere to hide. 

32 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Just listened just now, never heard anything about Sturgeon but in Clyde's defence they did air today's ruling and also played a statement from one of the victims representatives who said this could be a watershed case and celtic have now nowhere to hide. 

Cheers mate. The media are running out of excuses to suppress this story.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Cheers mate. The media are running out of excuses to suppress this story.

Not having a dig at  you here CT but the question needs asked as to why you would need an excuse to suppress a story which has the potential to expose one of the biggest child abuse cases in the history of the UK's judicial system.

The mere fact that they have bent over backwards , literally , to distance themselves from this , ably abetted by a compliant media , should tell one and all that this is more explosive than even we realize.

1 hour ago, Canabear said:

Not having a dig at  you here CT but the question needs asked as to why you would need an excuse to suppress a story which has the potential to expose one of the biggest child abuse cases in the history of the UK's judicial system.

The mere fact that they have bent over backwards , literally , to distance themselves from this , ably abetted by a compliant media , should tell one and all that this is more explosive than even we realize.

You should ask the media mate. I think that’s what @Colin Traive is saying. He’s only highlighted it the way they’ve said fuck all. 

5 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

You should ask the media mate. I think that’s what @Colin Traive is saying. He’s only highlighted it the way they’ve said fuck all. 

Absolutely.

I appreciate that there are considerations around ongoing legal cases and the fact that the scale of the atrocities at that club is beyond anything seen before but the blanket suppression of the story has been remarkable.

Virtually no-one in the media has broken ranks and any attempt to discuss it has been closed down instantly. If the blanket cover up wasn’t so sickening, you would almost admire it.

Which brings us back to why suppress it? A strong bias within the media would account for part of the silence but not all.

I’ve come to the conclusion that there must be an injunction in place which we, the public, are not privy to. Part of the injunction will be to withhold the fact that the injunction even exists. The first rule of fight club etc.

The embargo would presumably fall away in the event of the survivors winning their case, another reason why this will never be resolved in a courtroom but rather in some lawyer’s office.

A sordid and grubby end to a tragic story which can never provide a happy ending but, perhaps, a sense of justice for the poor victims.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

The news report also stated 'celtic have always claimed the boys club was a separate emtity'.

I believe that is a lie as the separate entity shit only started around 7 or 8 years ago as a liewell special….

…when they saw the writing on the wall.

20 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Spot on mate.
Ally was probably an emotional wreck that day.  
No wonder he was relieved after giving away a 90th minute penalty to the mutants.

Hopefully we will be back to silverware at Hampden sooner rather than later :rangers:

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would listen in last night as I was in the kitchen cooking.  Despite the game starting a couple of hours later no mention of Rangers being in the last 16 while I was listening.  All about brown - will he go back to sellik or won't he.  All conjecture, no facts but better talking about that than Rangers in the Europa League.

19 hours ago, Jelavic191 said:

John is hurting big time.

Kent kicks the defender 🤣 McGregor a yard off his line 🤣

He kicked his call off trying to be magnanimous with "it will help the coefficient" but soon descended into the usual bitter and twisted tim when no one in the studio backed him up  :lol: