Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

On 12/08/2022 at 15:56, GetToTheChoppa said:

Is Jim Duffy a celtic fan ?

Definitely a tim but he's old school in that he's always respectful and complimentary to us much in the same way Walter and McCoist are/were respectful to them.

I think his family are mixed though, he's best pals with Charlie Nicholas and Nicholas told a story that they were out in the street on the day of the Ibrox disaster waiting to see if Duffy's uncle made it home safely, pretty sure the poor guy came home covered in blood minus a shoe.

22 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Marvin Bartley saying last night that we have changed to zonal marking this year and he expects our form to dip for a while ... would it not be better to have changed as little as possible until next week?

Remember Chesney did it at the Glitterdome and it was as successful there as it was for us on Tuesday.

The attacker running into the zone will always have an advantage over a defender making a standing jump.

Just don’t see the upside and I really hope it’s an experiment that we’ve now abandoned 

11 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Remember Chesney did it at the Glitterdome and it was as successful there as it was for us on Tuesday.

The attacker running into the zone will always have an advantage over a defender making a standing jump.

Just don’t see the upside and I really hope it’s an experiment that we’ve now abandoned 

Exactly, after Wednesday we can look at everything again 

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Definitely a tim but he's old school in that he's always respectful and complimentary to us much in the same way Walter and McCoist are/were respectful to them.

I think his family are mixed though, he's best pals with Charlie Nicholas and Nicholas told a story that they were out in the street on the day of the Ibrox disaster waiting to see if Duffy's uncle made it home safely, pretty sure the poor guy came home covered in blood minus a shoe.

Not sure it’s down to being old school as there’s plenty of moon howlers that are from his time too.

Plus you’ve got Simon Ferry and even Paul Slane who is rabid able to praise our players. The mouthpieces tend to be the ones desperate for a paycheque like Sutton and Hartson.

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Yes, Duffy is a Celtic fan but from a mixed family. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I hate zonal marking. Never seems to work well. 

Practice which zone delivery is going to. Get 2 or 3 attackers going at that zone and getting a run on the one static defender. No surprise it won't work, especially with a slightly smaller squad like ours 

Surely makes more sense to match your man's run and you're responsible for him not scoring or winning the ball in.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I like everyone having a man, and if they get a header in then it’s your fault. Puts pressure on players to take responsibility. Zonal has everyone looking around and not sure who to blame. 

100% agree man. If you lose your man in traditional marking you get a bollocking, which makes you not want that to happen again so your effort to stop it intensifies. Zonal marking it goes down to the coaching staff that have planned the positions etc. 

Zonal marking could end up with your smallest defender marking an on-running biggest goal threat from the opposition 😂

It's fucking retarded man

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Not sure it’s down to being old school as there’s plenty of moon howlers that are from his time too.

Plus you’ve got Simon Ferry and even Paul Slane who is rabid able to praise our players. The mouthpieces tend to be the ones desperate for a paycheque like Sutton and Hartson.

Hartson is honestly just thick as pig shit and you can tell he genuinely believes the shite he spouts 

Sutton just plays to his gallery up here and his whole pundit persona up here is to stir up some controversy  . He tries to come across actually semi competent and professional when he is doing work for English games through BT/BBC

The open goal pair mentioned just have a bit of sense to play the media game well enough . They know that it’s pointless to alienate at least half of their potential viewers by being over the top pro Celtic and completely anti-Rangers 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Hartson is honestly just thick as pig shit and you can tell he genuinely believes the shite he spouts 

Sutton just plays to his gallery up here and his whole pundit persona up here is to stir up some controversy  . He tries to come across actually semi competent and professional when he is doing work for English games through BT/BBC

The open goal pair mentioned just have a bit of sense to play the media game well enough . They know that it’s pointless to alienate at least half of their potential viewers by being over the top pro Celtic and completely anti-Rangers 

They've got Kyle and Halliday who talk us up, if they wanted to they could just hammer home the rivalry. It's more an honest opinion of a player than playing to the media. When Halliday says Jota is a good player I'm no screaming at the phone that he's just saying that to cosy up to celtic.

5 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Marvin Bartley saying last night that we have changed to zonal marking this year and he expects our form to dip for a while ... would it not be better to have changed as little as possible until next week?

On Tuesday, at one point we had the two full backs at either side of the 6 yard box, and the 2 cds plus Lundstram, I think, on the edge of it, waiting to defend a set piece.

I suppose it gives the defenders greater opportunity to atttack a ball, and possibly get greater height, but it’s giving me the fear, atm.