Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

19 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Marvin Bartley saying last night that we have changed to zonal marking this year and he expects our form to dip for a while ... would it not be better to have changed as little as possible until next week?

I know what you're saying but if the manager wants to change it's probably best to do it during the summer when he's got plenty of time to work with players and anyone new coming in are going straight into the new tactics,

There's never an ideal time, wait until after the CL Play-Off then people will say wait until after the Old Firm, then it'll be you can't do it during the CL/EL group stage then it's you can't do it mid season because it's too tight at the top, I get the frustration, we all share it but I don't think we can criticise the timing of the tactic change.

18 hours ago, left winger said:

On Tuesday, at one point we had the two full backs at either side of the 6 yard box, and the 2 cds plus Lundstram, I think, on the edge of it, waiting to defend a set piece.

I suppose it gives the defenders greater opportunity to atttack a ball, and possibly get greater height, but it’s giving me the fear, atm.

I always wonder if replacing a British manager with a Dutch one is at least in the short term a bit of a worry because the footballs are so different ... I suppose Advocaat was more experienced and also brought in more Dutch players and ones of real quality which obviously helped

4 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I know what you're saying but if the manager wants to change it's probably best to do it during the summer when he's got plenty of time to work with players and anyone new coming in are going straight into the new tactics,

There's never an ideal time, wait until after the CL Play-Off then people will say wait until after the Old Firm, then it'll be you can't do it during the CL/EL group stage then it's you can't do it mid season because it's too tight at the top, I get the frustration, we all share it but I don't think we can criticise the timing of the tactic change.

The 40 million complicates it that's probably a good chunk of that we make in the rest of the season 

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I always wonder if replacing a British manager with a Dutch one is at least in the short term a bit of a worry because the footballs are so different ... I suppose Advocaat was more experienced and also brought in more Dutch players and ones of real quality which obviously helped

Always a risk, I suppose, but as long as there’s the commitment to see it through I’m not too concerned.

9 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

First poster a supposed Rangers fan saying he has never liked Alfie. Aye ok, now fuck off.

Dunno why I turned on - I guess I was interested to see if they proclaimed both cards red, but they lining up to criticise Alfredo had me turning off immediately.

Will be @DiamondDan or Tamatasauce imo

5 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

all these pundits across scottish football are trying to make a case for a hibs pen to take the bad look af all decisions going against Rangers. 

Definitely,Imagine the outcry if we had been given a penalty for that challenge.All of a sudden the attacker at the back of Tav would have been getting some significance.

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Can't believe no one on clyde last night knew that the sheep's second star is for the super cup :lol:

It’s embarrassing they’ve got that on the crest Alex Ferguson doesn’t even count the super cup as a major trophy he’s won.

Also shows how petty Scottish football is that celtic and Aberdeen only put stars on their top cos we put the 5 stars on for the 50th title at the time

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

It’s embarrassing they’ve got that on the crest Alex Ferguson doesn’t even count the super cup as a major trophy he’s won.

Also shows how petty Scottish football is that celtic and Aberdeen only put stars on their top cos we put the 5 stars on for the 50th title at the time

It's just a little junk yard dog trying to make as much noise as possible :lol:

... still they should have known :thumbup:

• 1 year later...