Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

5 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

I get your point and Tbf it irked myself at the time however although not everyone’s cup of tea, no one can claim anything other than Alex is a Rangers man. I’ve heard him intervene numerous times on sly comments from celtic fans and like myself it probably just comes to the point where you just don’t give them the oxygen to spout their nonsense, which is what he did. Put it this way, you could have the clearest  most comprehensive explanation in the world outlining the facts of our issues starting with a legal loophole which they in fact used also, but this gets overlooked etc etc...

The bottom line is they will never be persuaded otherwise, alternate reality is in the fabric of their very existence from their ‘perpetual victimhood’, ‘anti Irish racism’ to probably the biggest scandal in sport which they square up be claiming to be a ‘separate entity’ Everyone knows is a lie, they just won’t face the truth even though the real victims here are very much their own... I’m not advocating giving them a free run to say whatever they want but sometimes when dealing with bitter numbskulls like that fool on the radio it’s just not worth the effort and probably gets to them more you don’t entertain them...

I’m defo not saying he isn’t a rangers man in fact if he wasn’t a rangers man I wouldn’t be as annoyed 

9 hours ago, Badger said:

They have won 11 of the last 13 domestic trophies available, and may well make it 12 out of 13. They have won 9 leagues in a row.

It is hardly "the bad times" for them. 

The issue comes with a sense of entitlement about 'the ten'. They feel cheated by us and that 'the ten' is their birth right. They've been singing about it for 4-5 years now, and it was fully expected as being a formality. Having had everything their own way for a decade now, they simply cannot cope with having a challenge. Their arrogance is their undoing.

I love it.

Superb post .100% on the money 

Their arrogance will hopefully see them all hating and fighting amongst themselves come May 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Im an honorary member of a Black Chicago Fire supporters group because I successfully argued I'm a Black male who supports them. 

Sorry to derail the thread a bit but was in Chicago not summer there, but summer before - never got to see the stadium (it was on my list of things to do) but couldn't find any suitable public transport links for it. It seemed to me like bus routes, hop on and hop off, changing etc and thought it seemed a bit of a hassle.

Done Wrigley Field though and that was excellent. Was on match day and it was superb, big sports bars etc dotted around outside the Main Stand with the game on the big screens drinking nice cold beer on a hot day. Chicago is a stunning city, especially at night with the buildings all lit up and the water boats running through the canal in the middle of the city.

100% going back for a couple of nights next time I'm in America.

Just now, British_Empire said:

Sorry to derail the thread a bit but was in Chicago not summer there, but summer before - never got to see the stadium (it was on my list of things to do) but couldn't find any suitable public transport links for it. It seemed to me like bus routes, hop on and hop off, changing etc and thought it seemed a bit of a hassle.

Done Wrigley Field though and that was excellent. Was on match day and it was superb, big sports bars etc dotted around outside the Main Stand with the game on the big screens drinking nice cold beer on a hot day. Chicago is a stunning city, especially at night with the buildings all lit up and the water boats running through the canal in the middle of the city.

100% going back for a couple of nights next time I'm in America.

Soldier Field? It's pretty close to the Loop so can normally walk from downtown.

I was supposed to be over earlier this year for the Fire's home opener but Covid and shit.

Bridgeview (where the Fire played until moving back to Soldier) was a cunt to get to. I happened to have friends I was going with so got a lift to the ground but getting out, we had to get an Uber to Midway then jump on the train from there. One of my favourite cities on earth. I actually got one of the 2013 'draft scarves' given to me by the club when I went over. They only get about 10 of them from Adidas. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Soldier Field? It's pretty close to the Loop so can normally walk from downtown.

I was supposed to be over earlier this year for the Fire's home opener but Covid and shit.

Bridgeview (where the Fire played until moving back to Soldier) was a cunt to get to. I happened to have friends I was going with so got a lift to the ground but getting out, we had to get an Uber to Midway then jump on the train from there. One of my favourite cities on earth. I actually got one of the 2013 'draft scarves' given to me by the club when I went over. They only get about 10 of them from Adidas. 

Maybe I'm getting the stadiums mixed up but this one was a football one I wanted to see but wasn't well-connected by public transport.

Soldier Field rings a bell as one I seen. Is that the one you can walk along the waterfront from Grant Park for about 25-minutes or so, past the Museum and you reach it? - I know there's a blue line tub station or something near it, but I prefer walking if I can.

9 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Maybe I'm getting the stadiums mixed up but this one was a football one I wanted to see but wasn't well-connected by public transport.

Soldier Field rings a bell as one I seen. Is that the one you can walk along the waterfront from Grant Park for about 25-minutes or so, past the Museum and you reach it? - I know there's a blue line tub station or something near it, but I prefer walking if I can.

That's Soldier Field. Big NFL stadium. The one that's hard to get to is Toyota Park/SeatGeek Stadium/Bridgeview, it's a 'soccer-specific stadium' out by Midway. The Fire left there at the start of 2020 to go back to Soldier but still use the offices and train there. The Chicago Red Stars (women's team) play there. It's a bastard to get to but actually a pretty nice wee ground and holds around 20k but is about 20 miles from the Loop. You can just see the city skyline in the second pic (above the farside left corner). It's my only experience of a tail-gating as NFL/MLB were out of season. Fucking wish we could do that here. Cunts parked up the back of the copland with disposable bbqs and a bag of cans.

image.thumb.png.5b324ab3b082c042bf292514bbe1d0a4.pngimage.thumb.png.8440c9a9f9cb315aeef82033bb9482c7.png

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's Soldier Field. Big NFL stadium. The one that's hard to get to is Toyota Park/SeatGeek Stadium/Bridgeview, it's a 'soccer-specific stadium' out by Midway. The Fire left there at the start of 2020 to go back to Soldier but still use the offices and train there. The Chicago Red Stars (women's team) play there. It's a bastard to get to but actually a pretty nice wee ground and holds around 20k but is about 20 miles from the Loop. You can just see the city skyline in the second pic (above the farside left corner). It's my only experience of a tail-gating as NFL/MLB were out of season. Fucking wish we could do that here. Cunts parked up the back of the copland with disposable bbqs and a bag of cans.

image.thumb.png.5b324ab3b082c042bf292514bbe1d0a4.pngimage.thumb.png.8440c9a9f9cb315aeef82033bb9482c7.png

The one that's 20-miles out is the one I was thinking of first time. 

15 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Did anyone else recognise Tom from Possil’s voice?

Let me jog your memory just in case...

Another wonderful call from “Tam”, this time under the guise of “Eddie”

28 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Another wonderful call from “Tam”, this time under the guise of “Eddie”

He actually called an American radio show demanding someone from that country investigate Rangers.  He said they had a duty too.  They said it was none of their business could a local journalist not cover it.  Then he went on about Rangers avoiding tax and the hosts just laughed and said ‘we don’t want to pay tax either’.  Can’t find it now but it was a strange one.