The Athletic reporting Steven Gerrard is a target for Everton

graeme_4

Even if they are actually interested, Gerrard would never ever join them.

And before anyone throws the pic of Gerrard in an Everton kit about - he explained that pic on Carraghers podcast: there were penalty shootout competitions every year where the winner got to visit Anfield/Goodison depending on what year it was, the year Gerrard won the penalty shootout it was a year where the winner got a tour of goodison, a free Everton kit and a picture with whatever they won the previous season.

51 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Athletic are angry that Rangers fans cancelled their subscriptions after they posted utter utter pish 

Yep they’ve decided to go down the BBC, Daily Record route with some of the lies and articles they’ve posted.

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The Athletic :lol:

Cunts lost any sort of good reputation they had with us after they got behind the sweet caroline nonsense. Even before then they had that podcast which basically went full sevco. 

Fuck them. Just as bad as the rest.

Not to mention that wee Jordan guy making up a story about him being banned for doing an article on Rangers and child abuse.

Wee fanny sticks the boot in anytime he can. Slaughtered us for sectarian singing in Rotterdam and I was there and heard fuck all!

Worst cunt!

4 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Don't think he'd go but this notion of it would the end for him being Liverpool manager is not right imo, if he went to Everton and was a roaring success I'm pretty the sure Liverpool job would become available, it's Liverpool we are speaking about here not Glasgow.

Liverpool v Everton isn’t as friendly as it once was.

3 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Don't think he'd go but this notion of it would the end for him being Liverpool manager is not right imo, if he went to Everton and was a roaring success I'm pretty the sure Liverpool job would become available, it's Liverpool we are speaking about here not Glasgow.

I think it's possible for a manager to coach at Everton then end up at Liverpool but, as a club legend, I do think their supporters would take exception to him going there. Even putting that aside: I think Gerrard would recognise that it's a tough gig (where he'd be expected to do at least as well as Ancelotti - one of the best managers in the world) and, while some Liverpool fans might be willing to accept an ex-Everton boss, almost no Liverpool fans would be willing to accept a "failed" ex-Everton boss. 

IMO he's quite happy with his lot for now, still has cups to win for us and has access to European football up here. Another 2 years and he goes if the right offer comes in I reckon, he shouldn't be in any rush to take on a big budget or pressure elsewhere, he's still young in the manager game