The ‘no Morelos, no party’ problem…

graeme_4

Who knows if Morelos will still be here for the proper games kicking off this season, but for me it’s a real worry if he isn’t. 

We’ve tweaked the system so we’re slightly less reliant on him, and Sakala could be the answer once he’s up and running (although think he plays wider), but sometimes we look like we’re really struggling for ideas and cutting edge when he’s not there. 

Think Roofe can fill that role Ok, but Itten isn’t the answer and Defoe doesn’t have enough left in the tank to start regularly. Morleos isn’t perfect, but if this is the window that he goes, we need to spend to replace him. 

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Morelos is our best striker.

Kamara is our best midfielder.

Barasic is one of our best creative players.

Of course they’ll be missed.

We were always gonna look very different in these pre season games. Those three are very important to us and it shows.

Was about to say, as much as it’s in pre-season, if we can’t score and the gaffer says the final third was nowhere near good enough today it’s maybe a bit of a wake-up call if we did lose Alfie and with Roofe’s injury proneness we could be struggling up top. Just a minor concern the now though until anything is confirmed.

Itten came with a lot of hype last year - Swiss international etc... I said at the time he looked average and took a bit of stick because it was too early to judge. A year later and he still looks average. Judge with your eyes not by the hype.

I can't imagine life without Morelos. As good as Roofe and Sakala will probably be this year, the wee man is almost irreplaceable. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Itten came with a lot of hype last year - Swiss international etc... I said at the time he looked average and took a bit of stick because it was too early to judge. A year later and he still looks average. Judge with your eyes not by the hype.

I can't imagine life without Morelos. As good as Roofe and Sakala will probably be this year, the wee man is almost irreplaceable. 

After a year though of itten barely playing and having to get used to playing as a lone front man and not part of a 2, still kinda unfair to judge him yet when he hasnt had a run of games with the strongest players around him

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

After a year though of itten barely playing and having to get used to playing as a lone front man and not part of a 2, still kinda unfair to judge him yet when he hasnt had a run of games with the strongest players around him

perhaps.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Who knows if Morelos will still be here for the proper games kicking off this season, but for me it’s a real worry if he isn’t. 

We’ve tweaked the system so we’re slightly less reliant on him, and Sakala could be the answer once he’s up and running (although think he plays wider), but sometimes we look like we’re really struggling for ideas and cutting edge when he’s not there. 

Think Roofe can fill that role Ok, but Itten isn’t the answer and Defoe doesn’t have enough left in the tank to start regularly. Morleos isn’t perfect, but if this is the window that he goes, we need to spend to replace him. 

This wasn’t a reaction to today’s friendly btw. 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I just don’t see any danger in him.

8 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

We absolutely cannot sell Morelos until after the qualifiers with Roofe suspended (if we even end up selling him at all)

We absolutely cannot go into the games with Itten, Defoe and an untried Sakala as our only options.

Genuinely forgot Roofe was suspended.

What a way to get suspended though wish it was Kudelas fucking head

Did we miss morelos that much yesterday or just miss match fitness in the strikers that missed various sitters

Understand if we didnt create much but by all accounts we created enough and our strikers were jusy rusty, morelos has never been clinical either so no guarantee he scores them yesterday