John Lundstram

The Dude

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Funny, but he wasn’t the only one. Vast majority were ready to drive him back down the road in January.

He’s turned it round, which is credit to him - but let’s not pretend everyone knew how good he was going to be. 

I agree, but basically every other normal person only posted once or twice in this thread to criticise him and then left it at that, I didn’t even include a few other occasions where Esquire got tore into him :lol:

He really does love hyperbole.

31 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Funny, but he wasn’t the only one. Vast majority were ready to drive him back down the road in January.

He’s turned it round, which is credit to him - but let’s not pretend everyone knew how good he was going to be. 

Gio got the best outta Lundstram, I liked Gerrard as a manager and am grateful for him stopping 10 and our progress in europe. After a transitional period after Gio come in. the players have adopted to Gio now and Gio is showing how much better of a manager he is compared to Gerrard. he can tinker when its not going well to turn the game in our favour and plays 3-4 different systems. 

Gio has turned lundstram into the best midfielder in Scotland. 

Im looking forward to what Gio brings next year when he gets rid of players he does not want and brings his own players in. 

10 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Gio got the best outta Lundstram, I liked Gerrard as a manager and am grateful for him stopping 10 and our progress in europe. After a transitional period after Gio come in. the players have adopted to Gio now and Gio is showing how much better of a manager he is compared to Gerrard. he can tinker when its not going well to turn the game in our favour and plays 3-4 different systems. 

Gio has turned lundstram into the best midfielder in Scotland. 

Im looking forward to what Gio brings next year when he gets rid of players he does not want and brings his own players in. 

Lundstram had a number of man of the matches under Gerrard then got dropped randomly. 

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

It was between him and @The Dude for who was sticking the boot in the most though. Just read back through the early pages and those two clearly thought they were comedians 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It was between him and @The Dude for who was sticking the boot in the most though. Just read back through the early pages and those two clearly thought they were comedians 

The mad thing was he was turning it round well before January.

36 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

The mad thing was he was turning it round well before January.

He cost us a UCL place frankly but after that he wasn't really given a consistent run in the team in his favoured position - Gio has been brilliant for him and vice versa. 

I thought he was wank, but he's now one of the first names on the teamsheet. Fair play to him

Just now, psb07158 said:

He cost us a UCL place frankly but after that he wasn't really given a consistent run in the team in his favoured position - Gio has been brilliant for him and vice versa. 

I thought he was wank, but he's now one of the first names on the teamsheet. Fair play to him

Looking back I have no idea why Gerrard followed him about for 18 months to sign him, don't get me wrong I think he got 3 MOTM performances under Gerrard but he had to tweak his whole set up and we played like dog meat in those 3 games.

Under GVB Lundstram has looked fantastic no matter the personnel or formation - one to build our team around.

Just now, psb07158 said:

He came from being ina. Team that never had the ball to a team that was to dominate every game.

he got about 5 motm in a row then gerrard dropped him.

@Mr Sopranowill tell you he was unreal at sheff u then he knocked their new deal back and their fans made up shite about him

gio has played him as the player he is and for me to say he cost us is imo poor

gerrard played him as a player he wasnt

gio has changed that imo 

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Looking back I have no idea why Gerrard followed him about for 18 months to sign him, don't get me wrong I think he got 3 MOTM performances under Gerrard but he had to tweak his whole set up and we played like dog meat in those 3 games.

Under GVB Lundstram has looked fantastic no matter the personnel or formation - one to build our team around.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

He came from being ina. Team that never had the ball to a team that was to dominate every game.

he got about 5 motm in a row then gerrard dropped him.

@Mr Sopranowill tell you he was unreal at sheff u then he knocked their new deal back and their fans made up shite about him

gio has played him as the player he is and for me to say he cost us is imo poor

gerrard played him as a player he wasnt

gio has changed that imo 

It's a fair comment mate, I never really knew much about him at Sheffield Utd but was expecting a box-to-box powerhouse. Gerrard had him playing this Kamara/Jack style role of shuffling across to cover fullbacks, didn't suit him at all. 

Gio has got him firing and his tactical intelligence is great - even when he drops into CB during games

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/i-was-wrong-on-lundstram-now-gvb-needs-to-rebuild-rangers-around-him-our-view/