Gerrard has some serious thinking to do

sausagetrunks

fucking gutted, ill say it again if Gerrard doesnt drop 5-6 players or change the system he will be gone. its clearly not working, it needs changed.  at this rate im not worried about celtic, im worried about Aberdeen, Hibs etc. that's how bad we are. 

41 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Yep the 4 players you mention have been terrible past 3 or 4 games.

Barasic and Kent are especially bad

For opposite reasons tho imo.

Kent is trying too hard,and nothing is coming off for him, but Barasic is just doing the bare minimum he can now.

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

I think another poster nailed it in another thread. 55 was this teams Everest, especially those who have been with Gerrard from the start. Our performances in the Scottish Cup after winning the league, and the fact our players were visibly paralytic 48 hours before a winnable last 16 Europa League tie says a lot. 

It was clear our midfield needed revamped if we were to be a Champions League outfit this season. Arfield’s legs are gone and Davis is being asked to do too much without Jack. Our answer was Lundstram on a free, and we got what we deserved tonight. 

The idea is you make changes to the squad when you are at your strongest. They way we are playing this weather you wonder if that ship has sailed. 

It’s the things Gerrard says at times is baffling after the first leg he said Helander put in a world class performance then dropped him tonight, why would you do that after saying that? 
arfield should have been subbed at half time he was non existent

aribo can only play up front

kents been awful the last 3 games

malmo are a bog standard europa league team nothing else, ludogrets will beat them next round. 

5 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

I think another poster nailed it in another thread. 55 was this teams Everest, especially those who have been with Gerrard from the start. Our performances in the Scottish Cup after winning the league, and the fact our players were visibly paralytic 48 hours before a winnable last 16 Europa League tie says a lot. 

It was clear our midfield needed revamped if we were to be a Champions League outfit this season. Arfield’s legs are gone and Davis is being asked to do too much without Jack. Our answer was Lundstram on a free, and we got what we deserved tonight. 

Good to see you back mate

5 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Same team, minus one or two will start on Friday, get the win, and think they are all superstars again.

Malmo X 2, DU, and Livi have all been dross, seems like the fight has gone, the creativity is no where to be seen.

2 years ago after Xmas, Gerrard needs to nip this in the bud before it’s too late. 

39 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was moaning in his presser the other day about how we have gone to three subs in the SPFL and then tonight - strong bench, plan A clearly not working, has the option of five and he makes two subs like its fucking 1989.

I thought it was 3 subs across the board, this makes it even harder to take

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Actually, I could be wrong? 

Edit: Just checked, Olympiakos used 6 tonight (must be able to field another one in extra time?) and Ludogorets used 4.

In that case he could have definitely replaced Arfield right away who was like a man down.

3 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

If this carries on to the scum game and we lose that I think he'll Chuck it, I could be totally wrong but I think if he can't Stoke the fires again then something will give.

Nah, he couldn't give in that easy, wouldnt get another job for ages if he did.

46 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

This is the main one for me

We knew Kamara was out and we must have known Jack wasn't making it. 

We needed fresh blood and extra quailty. We still do now and likely some need moved on first.