*****The Official CHAMPIONS vs scum Thread*****

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Actually I’d take the draw now, we still haven’t found any of our past form.

It's been fairly even. We've looked more dangerous and created more goalscoring opportunities, though the one big chance they had was the best chance of the game. I still fancy us to win it.

The thing about Kent is, he's made a few of these twisting turning runs and they haven't come off. He's not that consistent with them. But it just takes one to come off and a potential goal or assist is there. Sometimes it's a single touch away from getting it right. If he's fluffed a chance several times he just needs to get it right once. 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

If this is the sum of all our efforts to build a squad that will offer continued success and we are topped out on investment then we have a lot to worry about and that all goes back to their business model for running the club.

I think it’s simply a matter that we and the board expected one of the top players to go for 15m and it hasn’t happened yet. Then the building progress recommences…

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

He's a cracking defender but I genuinely think his lack of pace is the biggest myth going. He showed last season that when he really needs to he definitely does have a bit of speed. Not lightening but not as slow as people make out.

It's not like he's slow, but his positioning and reading of the game is what makes up for it.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

If this is the sum of all our efforts to build a squad that will offer continued success and we are topped out on investment then we have a lot to worry about and that all goes back to their business model for running the club.

What do you suggest we do then? We can’t generate revenue streams or income that isn’t there and we can’t rely on the board to keep putting their hands in their pockets either.

3 minutes ago, ESWF said:

I thought their defence was supposed be rotten. Our frontline have done nothing. Any time we get in a good position it’s a slack ball or a heavy touch.  

We’re making them look better than they actually are at the back. 

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

The thing about Kent is, he's made a few of these twisting turning runs and they haven't come off. He's not that consistent with them. But it just takes one to come off and a potential goal or assist is there. Sometimes it's a single touch away from getting it right. If he's fluffed a chance several times he just needs to get it right once. 

Thats too many ifs, buts and maybes. 

He should get another 15 minutes or so then if he hasnt produced should be hooked. 

We have hagi who is on better form than him and unknowns in sakala and bakuna. Id be rolling the dice