*****The Official CHAMPIONS vs scum Thread*****

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Half time whistle couldn't come quick enough.

Balogun and Helander immense at the back.

Morelos and Roofe feeding off scraps.

Aribo and Kamara loom like they are playing in sand.

Nothing left to say about Kent.

Apart from the fact that he was the closest to scoring!

Just now, Vanoli said:

There’s always going to be nerves in here if we let them play out and aren’t penning them in, but i think that’s an okay half. A bit shaky for a few minutes after the Edouard chance, but on the whole we’ve allowed them possession in areas we want them in and been the more dangerous side. 

I dont know where people get the idea that we’re a high pressing team at this point in the Gerrard era. We haven’t been since Arfields legs went and Jacks entire body went. 

Only worry for me is their manager will be demanding more from them, whereas we might just be happy with how the game has played out so far.

We are badly missing the physicality that Jack or Arfield at his best bring. 

Tactically we are very poor when they have the ball - we haven’t got it right and its wiping our midfield out.

We should be either starting high and having the front three press then the midfield drop back once it’s played through, or the front three need to drop back to begin with and allow the midfield to be as deep as they are now.

At the moment the gap between midfield and attack is too big when Celtic have the ball at the back. Allowing Hart to have the ball with no pressure 10 yards outside his box is criminal. Especially when they can go from him to Kyogo out wide in two passes without any pressure. It will kill us if we continue to play like this.

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Helander is a yard or two of pace short of playing at the top of the game. 

He's a cracking defender but I genuinely think his lack of pace is the biggest myth going. He showed last season that when he really needs to he definitely does have a bit of speed. Not lightening but not as slow as people make out.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Or maybe they just care about the financial stability of the club first and foremost? 

We can’t spend money that we don’t have :lol:

If this is the sum of all our efforts to build a squad that will offer continued success and we are topped out on investment then we have a lot to worry about and that all goes back to their business model for running the club.

Balogun has been like a brick wall to their new messiah so far. Eduard just devalued himself and looks a donkey. McGregor should be on a yellow but I guess it’s the normal celtic captain privilege. 

Helander has been immense. Just need it to click for the forward guys.

Neither team causing big problems for the keepers though so first goal is huge.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Tactically we are very poor when they have the ball - we haven’t got it right and its wiping our midfield out.

We should be either starting high and having the front three press then the midfield drop back once it’s played through, or the front three need to drop back to begin with. 

The midfield are too deep when celtic have the ball at the back. Allowing Hart to have the ball with no pressure 10 yards outside his box is criminal. Especially when they can go from him to Kyogo out wide in two passes without any pressure. It will kill us if we continue to play like this.

Everybody in football knows how bad the clown is and yet fuck all pressure on him..

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I said the other day as well that since he's been captain he's turned in to a right dirty wee bastard. Definitely didn't used to be. On the list of Scum players that are the most dislikeable he was well down the list but making his way close to the top in the past year or so.

Took a few lessons from the knob that preceded him