First Rangers player you saw score live

graeme_4

Sandy Clark v Porto in the mid 80s, we won 2;1 left the stadium buzzing, my old man was raging we had conceded late on and kept moaning about this away goal rule thing. Didn't quite understand and totally ignored him until the return when they won 1;0 and we went out of Europe on away goals - harsh lesson.

An interesting one. First game at Ibrox was a friendly v KAA Gent on 19th July 2000. We won 3-2, although unfortunately I don’t remember much now except thinking how massive Ibrox was. 

I can’t find a single thing about it online - except the cover of a Rangers news with the match details on it, and another poster on here saying this was his first game. He says Ferguson scored & Kenny Miller got a double. So it was one of them.

What’s interesting though is that there appears to be a Gent team-sheet available online, which suggests we played them twice that pre-season. Once in Belgium on 7th July, then again at Ibrox on 19th July.

Can anybody shed any light?

28B6365D-A81E-4E70-9638-9BFF9B71ADA6.png

29 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

An interesting one. First game at Ibrox was a friendly v KAA Gent on 19th July 2000. We won 3-2, although unfortunately I don’t remember much now except thinking how massive Ibrox was. 

I can’t find a single thing about it online - except the cover of a Rangers news with the match details on it, and another poster on here saying this was his first game. He says Ferguson scored & Kenny Miller got a double. So it was one of them.

What’s interesting though is that there appears to be a Gent team-sheet available online, which suggests we played them twice that pre-season. Once in Belgium on 7th July, then again at Ibrox on 19th July.

Can anybody shed any light?

28B6365D-A81E-4E70-9638-9BFF9B71ADA6.png

Can't recall the game or find much info on it but something does ring a bell of coming across it somewhere and we lost 2 0 or 2 1.

They defo scored though as I found this pic of the game.  We wore our away top in it 

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-soccer-friendly-kaa-gent-v-rangers-109108155.html

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-soccer-friendly-kaa-gent-v-rangers-109071565.html

Scroll down and you'll see the rest of the pics 

@kplfishtank may have attended or have some recollection of it.

3 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Dunno if the same game but that’s mine too.

September 93 1-1

Aye that's the one, actually wasnt my first game proper, I was watching what I could from the gates outside like a wee jakey.

First game proper was the 94 Scottish Cup final :ang: