Rangers B

bluenoz

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Too big a step up. Just goes to show you that King, Lowry, McCann etc are probably no where near ready.

They've got Kelly for tonight too. 

Mind this is a senior team top of league 1. Quite a distance quality wise from what the team usually play against.

35 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Game just highlights why playing in the lowland league is pointless.  A massive step up in class once your in the SPFL.

Why reserve team football was binned in this country is anyone's guess. Unless the B team was put into the leagues proper they should bring reserve football back.

3 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

I was taking the piss.

Only thing Goldson did wrong (with his interview) was not calling out who he was talking about.

Tend to agree here .There’s been a lot made from Goldson’s comments .Everybody has steamed into him including in my time our greatest captain Gough .

I believe almost everybody could have missed the point he was making ,due to the situation that everybody associated with the club from the fans right to the dressing room we’re going through .He first said that he probably should say what he was about to say .But he still said it anyway .Was he himself defeatist or was he as disappointed as the fans were is open to interpretation.

Was he calling out others for chucking it at half time because he was gutted or was he one of the ones who chucked it also .

4 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Did the same against hivs - getting beat 3 - 1 and took forward players off and brought on Ryan Jack - strange tactical move

I’m racking my brain here and can’t remember the exact game .There has been a situation recently where a well respected manager has made a similar decision and been successful .

When it happens it looks crazy taking a striker off and putting a midfielder on when chasing a game .But in that situation your strikers are not getting the service .So it can make sense to change a system that can allow more chances to be created .

Still think McCallum was out his depth though .

4 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

B team beaten 5-1 by cove just raises more questions over McCallum for me.

Hope Mr Van Bronckhorst has Dave Vos run a discreet eye over what is happening with the young team.

Losing is one thing, a 5-1 thumping does the young team no good at all.

It's our reserve youngsters and they were playing a team who are heading for the championship

17 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Why reserve team football was binned in this country is anyone's guess. Unless the B team was put into the leagues proper they should bring reserve football back.

Because the club think it is worthless in developing players. Kids playing kids in front of their maw and da isn't the environment the club want. 

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

B team beaten 5-1 by cove just raises more questions over McCallum for me.

Hope Mr Van Bronckhorst has Dave Vos run a discreet eye over what is happening with the young team.

Losing is one thing, a 5-1 thumping does the young team no good at all.

Its our second string youth players against a team being heavily bankrolled to make it up the leagues. 

28 minutes ago, Inigo said:

What was it Kris Boyd said? A certain section of society isn't happy unless they're throwing their arms in the air and vilifying someone. Starting to sound like McCallum is the next target for some of that. 

McCallum was a rabbit caught in the headlights at Hampden, totally out of his depth.

Some people are ideal to do their best at a certain level and no higher. If he’s good with the B team, then let him get on with it.

I’ve worked for big organisations where they repeatedly promote people until, eventually, they’re overstretched and they fail instead of recognising when the employee is in the perfect role and making sure, for everyone’s benefit, that they continue the good work.

That Cove squad will get promoted and I expect them to comfortably hold their own in the Championship next season.

For a team that is allegedly " flinging" money at it they are hardly running away with the league.

Still maintain a Rangers B team should not be getting a hiding by a first division team and not having the ex head of Ajax youth have a look at our youth training methods would be very poor and thankfully  I cant see the manager not taking this opportunity.

13 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

For a team that is allegedly " flinging" money at it they are hardly running away with the league.

Still maintain a Rangers B team should not be getting a hiding by a first division team and not having the ex head of Ajax youth have a look at our youth training methods would be very poor and thankfully  I cant see the manager not taking this opportunity.

they won league 2 last year they are now top of league 1  not bad for a team  who just joined the leagues as for flinging money i think you have to take that in context with the league they are in