Rangers B

bluenoz

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

just watched the highlights from the days game, the boy alex lowry looks very classy, at the heart of everything, tony weston looks very sharp also, really hoping we can push our own youth into the squad, the likes of barker, firth, simpson

I’d absolutely get Alex Lowry some game time this season. The boy is 18 years old that isn’t that young in the grand scheme of things.

People make out that the likes of Middleton, McPake, Maxwell, Williamson are “ahead” of the B team boys because they are older and out on loan but if the younger lads are more talented then it makes fuck all difference. Lowry looks like a class above in almost every game.

Not saying Lowry should be a regular at this stage but he should absolutely be training with the squad on occasion and could make a few sub appearances against some of the weaker sides if we are winning.

There are probably a few others that could join him like McCann, Alegria, McClelland etc… 

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s not Physically developed yet.

Folk need to remember they are all really still quite young in that team.

Him and lowry seem to standout, he's clinical the boy weston.

You talk about miles away but I'd say couldn't be any worse than way morelos has been leading the line... 

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

You talk about miles away but I'd say couldn't be any worse than way morelos has been leading the line... 

He would get monstered.

He's a small child at the moment in all reality.

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

I do like Lowry.  Appears to have a lot of confidence and style, very Baxteresque.  Still young though and probably a long way of first team involvement at moment.  Hope he continues to develop and improve and not just fall by the wayside like so many of our hopefuls seem to do.

17 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I do like Lowry.  Appears to have a lot of confidence and style, very Baxteresque.  Still young though and probably a long way of first team involvement at moment.  Hope he continues to develop and improve and not just fall by the wayside like so many of our hopefuls seem to do.

I think a big reason so many of youth players don't progress because historically we've been reluctant to give them first team games.  Big clubs elsewhere seem to manage it with the same pressure to win that we have.

Ffs, can we not accept a youth term performance for what it is, without looking for the next Colin Stein or Jim Baxter. Well done the young team - here’s the club report:

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/report-septemvri-sofia-2-4-rangers-u19/6G9ZequpGY4Ot6HY28HpEX

1 hour ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

Ffs, can we not accept a youth term performance for what it is, without looking for the next Colin Stein or Jim Baxter. Well done the young team - here’s the club report:

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/article/report-septemvri-sofia-2-4-Rangers-u19/6G9ZequpGY4Ot6HY28HpEX

Is the whole point of youth football not to find and develop the future Rangers greats?  Performances and wins by the youth team are nice to see but don’t matter a jot if none of the players progress to the first team.