celtic Face 25 actions regarding Historic Abuse

Even if they are proven to be complicit and are NOT a separate entity, they will have insurance to cover this sort of thing. They are a very well run business and will have prepared for this already.

All we can hope is that the rest of the world recoils in horror and cuts off or cripples their money stream

21 minutes ago, Monty Zoomer said:

Even if they are proven to be complicit and are NOT a separate entity, they will have insurance to cover this sort of thing. They are a very well run business and will have prepared for this already.

All we can hope is that the rest of the world recoils in horror and cuts off or cripples their money stream

I am not sure the they could insure against this at all, even more so while denying it or having "internal investigations" about it. 

5 hours ago, Dickie said:

What insurance company will pay out for a club that sacks a paedo then rehires him to go on and commit more abuse?

A club can be unfortunate in hiring a guy who turns out to be a paedo but hiring several of the cunts is not down to bad luck.

There actions would actually have attracted peadophiles to the club .

Get accused of being a bit dodgy ,the club threatens accusers with robust legal action .They effectively created a safe haven for abusers .

20 hours ago, Monty Zoomer said:

You cannot insure against being found guilty of a criminal offence.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

It was Man City's insurers who were involved in the most recent stuff with Bennell.

OK, let me rephrase that.

You cannot insure yourself against facing the consequences of being found guilty of a criminal act or, as in the paedos, hundreds of instances of abuse.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

OK, let me rephrase that.

You cannot insure yourself against facing the consequences of being found guilty of a criminal act or, as in the paedos, hundreds of instances of abuse.

Its the insurers who foot the bill for compensation by victims rather than the club directly.

I'm struggling to understand this insurance thing, maybe business insurance covers a lot of things but how do you negotiate a policy that has a clause protecting you from liability if you commit or allow  child abuse to be committed. I mean, it's hardly declaring alloy wheels and a big exhaust. Does insurance just give the company protection from all criminal acts committed by employees? Even if the company were aware of it and didn't report it? 

Genuine question btw. 

I don’t know the details of the Man City insurance arrangements but I can tell you from personal job experience that you cannot insure yourself from the consequences of a criminal act. No policy in the world will cover crime.

My firm provided employment law advice and cover in the event of losing tribunals but that was not criminal law. Even Health and Safety at work fines could not be covered as these fell into “criminal”, not civil law.

The idea that I could take out such a policy, get pished, crash the car, get hit with a £1000 fine and this magical policy will cover it is nonsense.

EXCLUSIVE: The deaths of 13 former celtic Boys Club players could be linked to sexual abuse at the club.

https://www.facebook.com/ScottishDailyExpress/posts/5323281187723688

What a disgusting organisation and shame on our Government / majority of the SMSM for protecting them...well done to the SDE for running this!!! 

32 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Why is this not everywhere, this is the biggest scandal in sport, there's enough out there already and still it's sweeped under the carpet, 80 victims and almost certainly more who've not been identified, murder, suicide, bodged investigations, this horror must be connected to very high places in society, I can't think of any other reason for this to stay buried like this.

That's the scary part of this.

On 22/02/2022 at 05:56, G13 said:

I'm struggling to understand this insurance thing, maybe business insurance covers a lot of things but how do you negotiate a policy that has a clause protecting you from liability if you commit or allow  child abuse to be committed. I mean, it's hardly declaring alloy wheels and a big exhaust. Does insurance just give the company protection from all criminal acts committed by employees? Even if the company were aware of it and didn't report it? 

Genuine question btw. 

Yeah ,thinking that myself . A lot of insurances don't cover criminal activity . 

8 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

They will get away with it.

Surprise Surprise QC Roddie Dunlop says items of evidence are missing therefore his client celtic FC could not get a fair trial. You couldn’t make this shit up. I think they may get away with it. Judge making his decision tomorrow.

To be perfectly honest, I really can’t think of a set of circumstances that could possibly demonstrate, more explicitly, a direct familial link between the club and the boys club.

The scum lawyer is clutching at straws (“er, we’ve lost the meeting minutes so we can’t proceed”) and, in the (convenient) absence of these documents, the judge must rely on all the other demonstrations of direct links including shared publications, shared social events, branding, financial support and hands-on (genuinely unfortunate choice of words) intervention by CFC board members.

Unless the judge is a rhabid Tim, there can only be one decision.

20 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be perfectly honest, I really can’t think of a set of circumstances that could possibly demonstrate, more explicitly, a direct familial link between the club and the boys club.

The scum lawyer is clutching at straws (“er, we’ve lost the meeting minutes so we can’t proceed”) and, in the (convenient) absence of these documents, the judge must rely on all the other demonstrations of direct links including shared publications, shared social events, branding, financial support and hands-on (genuinely unfortunate choice of words) intervention by CFC board members.

Unless the judge is a rhabid Tim, there can only be one decision.

We have to hope for that, but they seem so slippery and so many people on their side it will not be a surprise if they win this case. I wonder if there will be an appeal if they lose this one?