RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

I still can’t believe your gone Walter ,you were everything that bleeds blue .When my Dad was running the youth football system in Dumbarton in the 80s onwards etc you always had time to hand over medals or send a player at the last minute.

Everything that is Rangers is you ,a truly beautiful man

RIP Sir from all the Millar’s

Spoke to my son yesterday, first time since Walter passed away. My son worshiped him. Walter's second stint was when my son started attending the games. There wasn't much said between us yesterday. Like all the Rangers family we're still hurting 😔 it's going to take a long time to get over his loss. A Rangers legend, but first and foremost a great man. 

35 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

He's going to be sadly missed by all but the man was a true gentleman in every sense of the word and did so much in my local community. He never thought he was above anyone and always had time for people. This is an article from our local paper which I think shows what a great man he was.

https://www.helensburghadvertiser.co.uk/news/19679553.walter-smith-ardencaple-chairman-pays-tribute-truly-great-man/

Great read that 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was it not after Novo halved someone?

Can't really remember the incident but was listening to The Walter Years on Heart and Hand not long ago and when discussing that game Edgar says that's what Walter has always claimed.

6 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Mixu did absolutely nothing wrong, Walter felt the team was struggling so he caused a scene to get the crowd going. We went onto win the game.

I mind being at that game sitting in the govan West corner as the HIVS fans were in the broomloan. 

Pretty sure Chris Burke scored.

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I vaguely remember it. I can’t remember if it was on RTV which could be pretty hopeless back then.

I have a recollection of this and if I'm not much mistaken, this was the sending off that led to Walter Smith having to watch the OF game from the directors box. This was the one where he memorably send a sheepish looking Durrant down to the dugout with instructions 

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

I have a recollection of this and if I'm not much mistaken, this was the sending off that led to Walter Smith having to watch the OF game from the directors box. This was the one where he memorably send a sheepish looking Durrant down to the dugout with instructions 

Classic!

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

1405586271_giphy(3).gif.438489783e7a9feae9d59be23228b1b4.gif

I cant remember exactly but theres a story to this. Walter was trying phone down to the dugout with instructions but it was engaged or something 😂