*****The Official Motherwell V Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

19 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Good chance we'll be going into this needing to win to retake top spot. 

We absolutely need to come out the blocks in this one from first whistle.

Start pressing again and push forward. Stop sitting back and inviting opposition on.

McGregor

Patterson Goldson Balogun Bassey 

Kamara Davis Aribo

Hagi  Morelos  Wright

Well will come flying at us like st mirror we have to combat that by going at them and using our ability to take advantage of the space they leave.

Unfortunately I imagine we will look to weather the storm early, we have been terrible at that this season and even when the opposition doesn't score it sets a bad precedent for the rest of the game.

I normally don't pick a team because it is unlikely Stevie will be doing what I want, but I would like to see Patterson and Tav start this game, I think it would work.

McGregor

Tav   Goldson   Balogun   Bassey 

Patterson  Davis/Lundstram   Aribo

Roofe     Morelos    Sakala

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I normally don't pick a team because it is unlikely Stevie will be doing what I want, but I would like to see Patterson and Tav start this game, I think it would work.

McGregor

It's honestly worth a try. Patterson is quick and good on the ball. In pre season it was tav further forward though 

6 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

It's honestly worth a try. Patterson is quick and good on the ball. In pre season it was tav further forward though 

I would like to see it, Nathan seems so passionate and I feel that is something we are missing along with his ability.

I would start him in the middle three, but Tav and him could swap around at any time as the game requires.   

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Something that seems to have been talked very minimal, if at all, was how shit Bassey was in midweek bar a 5-10 minute spell. Offered us fuck all, no idea why some on here think he's anywhere near good enough.

Offered very little on his own on Wednesday.

I think we see the best of him when we can let him loose in the final third and let him get to the byline and get balls across the face of goal.

We need to use his physicality and pace more often when he plays. Especially against back 3s like Aberdeen were playing on Wednesday

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

McGregor

Sakala starting….Please don’t pick a team again mate !!! 

2 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Sakala starting….Please don’t pick a team again mate !!! 

I knew that would be controversial old chap :lol: but I thought he did well when he came on, on Wed night, he won the penalty and without that we would have probably lost.  :sad:

I just feel we need to give him the first half on Sunday to see what he can do. So many of the players are not playing anywhere what they can and we need some changes. :boughy:

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Something that seems to have been talked very minimal, if at all, was how shit Bassey was in midweek bar a 5-10 minute spell. Offered us fuck all, no idea why some on here think he's anywhere near good enough.

Was decent earlier on as you said at even got their right back booked and I was thinking target him all night. Didn’t even attempt to get by him for the rest of the night it was an awful performance 

6 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Why do we constantly get strung along regarding our injuries?  Kent being the latest in a long line.  

Possibly back for Aberdeen but if not the next game.

One thing Gerrard’s done consistently. Kent was meant to be back after 3-4 weeks, then it was St Mirren then Aberdeen and now he might be back before the next break. 

Timescales on our injuries are way off, sometimes by several weeks. 

I am bereft of confidence in us right now and that is not exactly a pleasant feeling. We really need to get some consistent form going and that needs to start on Sunday.

Hopefully the guys go out there from the first whistle with some fire in their bellies and not like they got a stick up their asses. Of course would be nice to have a good 3 or 4 to 0 win but we just need the 3 points period regardless how that is achieved.

Will be getting up early to watch hopefully we get it done.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Patterson. Goldson  Balogun  Aribo

Davis Kamara

Arfield

Wright       Morelos      Roofe

All indications are leading to Arfield starting.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Davis Kamara

Arfield

What position is Aribo playing?

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Davis Kamara

Arfield

Aribo won’t be playing left back unless bassey gets injured, and Morelos and roofe don’t work well together so I’d rather see one of them drop out.