Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Get voting bears. Villa were 51% - we all know that’s a fucking lie. Hopefully not for long.

We are never winning a poll like that.

Its basically us and the Birmingham fans saying Rangers, and then the rest of Scotland saying Villa cause they hate us, and all the other English who can be arsed, voting Villa because they think no Scottish team would even survive in the conference in England through arrogance.

14 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Not too clued up on GVB but he seemed to have done pretty well at Feyenoord.

What's the general consensus on his performance so far as a manager?

(Looking at you @DBBTB)

I’m no expert on it by any means but I did some reading on it last night.

Seems to have done well over the course at Feyenoord. Praise for his man management and how professional and dignified he was, but criticism over a lack of a plan b at times in games against teams lower in the league. Looks like his time there just came it a natural conclusion.

Ultimately won four trophies for them in four years, including their first league title in 18 years, when they had only won one domestic trophy since the turn of the millennium before he came in.

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

A semi final up next, a massive Euro potential decider then we go into arguably the most difficult quarter season fixture list since he arrived.  

Shat it!!

Given his record of getting to cup finals he's probably doing us a favour.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

they have him out the door due to social media and these journalists who sell papers rather than deal in facts, embarrassing tbh 

Do you not think the club would have used friendly fan media outlets such as H&H to deny the story if it was bullshit?

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We are never winning a poll like that.

Its basically us and the Birmingham fans saying Rangers, and then the rest of Scotland saying Villa cause they hate us, and all the other English who can be arsed, voting Villa because they think no Scottish team would even survive in the conference in England through arrogance.

Who cares to be honest 

sports bible is read by folks who think football was invented in 1992

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

they have him out the door due to social media and these journalists who sell papers rather than deal in facts, embarrassing tbh 

If it's a load of shite why haven't Rangers briefed fan media to tell them?

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I’m no expert on it by any means but I did some reading on it last night.

Seems to have done well over the course at Feyenoord. Praise for his man management and how professional and dignified he was, but criticism over a lack of a plan b at times in games against teams lower in the league. Looks like his time there just came it a natural conclusion.

Ultimately won four trophies for them in four years, including their first league title in 18 years, when they had only won one domestic trophy since the turn of the millennium before he came in.

Sounds familiar.

Just now, Born Sinner said:

I don’t have the knowledge to name one but I’m sure there are at least a handful of potentials.

Gerrard won’t be the peak of managerial candidates.

Fishing in a better pond given where we are now. Won’t be appointing an U18 manager with no experience, that’s for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Won the knvb cup first season.

Won the league the season after.

Finished 4th the season after that miles behind the top two.

Finished 3rd the following season 21 points behind ajax and 18 behind psv.

Failed in China.

Better options out there.

Won the KNVB Cup as well in 17/18.

Feyenoord hadn't won the league since 1999. Hadn't won the cup since 2008. Ajax and PSV are much richer clubs.

He done a really good job there.

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Name a better, realistic manager?

I actually quite like the idea of GVB but he is obviously familiar to us due to him being an ex player. I would hope Wilson will have a list of cunts who share a similar outlook to our current system who can come in and move things forward. He fucking better anyway, as this is his job.

I still feel that if we offered Beale the gig, he would jump at it, but might be wrong. If so I think it would be the more logical step. i think he is the brains behind Gerrard, and the whole squad already know and respect him.

would be the least disruptive option, but obviously, i have no idea if he would actually accept.

If he goes to Villa the reported clause activation of 3 million is a major disappointment if true. 

Hopefully he stays until the end of the season at least. If not I would like to see David Wagner offered the job, ex Huddersfield and Shalke currently manager at Young Boys in the Swiss league.

Everyone knows he wants Liverpool eventually so the thing is if he stayed with us and didn’t win the league then it sets him back an awful lot from the Liverpool job. Whereas if he’s in the English prem and can manage a mid table/top half finish while playing decent football, he’ll be in with a shout at the Liverpool job eventually.

Sadly, finishing mid table in that league is seen as more of an achievement than finishing second in ours.

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Ffs what??

Is there anything concrete yet? Anything 100% confirmed yet? Even Simon Jordan just said on talksport he thinks there’s not as much in it as people think. I certainly hope there isn’t. 

Same Simon Jordan that said the Newcastle deal was dead the day before it was confirmed. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually quite like the idea of GVB but he is obviously familiar to us due to him being an ex player. I would hope Wilson will have a list of cunts who share a similar outlook to our current system who can come in and move things forward. He fucking better anyway, as this is his job.

I still feel that if we offered Beale the gig, he would jump at it, but might be wrong. If so I think it would be the more logical step. i think he is the brains behind Gerrard, and the whole squad already know and respect him.

would be the least disruptive option, but obviously, i have no idea if he would actually accept.

I think so too, but I’d quite like a proven manager and a new first team coach to take these players on a level. Gerrard and co peaked last season IMO. 

Think Beale is very clever, but sometimes overthinks things. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I think so too, but I’d quite like a proven manager and a new first team coach to take these players on a level. Gerrard and co peaked last season IMO. 

Think Beale is very clever, but sometimes overthinks things. 

GVB is a proven manager. 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

GVB would, like Gerrard, bring the continued professionalism and learnings from playing across elite clubs in Europe. 

This is equally the part we'll miss alongside the tactical and managerial capabilities. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It’s 10am

And the story has been doing the rounds for a few days now. From experience, I've had messages from club media officers trying to kill stories at all times of the day and night. I gave an example earlier in the thread of a club contacting me recently at 11pm to deny a transfer story. The fact its 10am makes absolutely no difference.