Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

3 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I can't understand why he would even think of going to villa.

Won't be competing for anything at Villa. Last time Villa won anything of note was 25 years ago. 

Gerrard going to Villa will be a monumental error on his part. Nothing good will come of it. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We better be starting our own processes of looking for a replacement now. We can’t afford to sit shout twiddling our thumbs for the next few days waiting for this to be confirmed.

Wilson should already have a shortlist of managers ready to go. 

The whole point of the DOF is to be prepared for situations like this. 

At this point it looks like Gerrard is all but gone. We need to be ready to name a new manager pretty much straight away. 

Just now, keithgersbear said:

Won't be competing for anything at Villa. Last time Villa won anything of note was 25 years ago. 

Gerrard going to Villa will be a monumental error on his part. Nothing good will come of it. 

If he can consistently finish top half while playing decent football he’ll be favourite to replace Klopp once he decides to leave. No way Liverpool would replace Klopp with a manager from the spfl, let’s be real here.

6 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I’d like to think we would have started. Wilson should have a list of names ready to go in case anything happened.

Wilson has mentioned before he has a list of 3 players for every position and for manager incase something happened, here's hoping it's a good list.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

I know bookies odds mean fuck all in the scale of things...

But Alex Neil for next Rangers manager has just been suspended on PP

Sure that would solve all our issues...

He was in studio the other week ...out the bkue

8 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Exactly, players are used to comings and goings it comes with the territory.

We are a different proposition now and will lure a good manager, no probs.

Lets face it, all we need to do is beat a 56  yr old Aussie with a wafer thin squad of midgets. We have the biggest and best squad and the players know their role in the system, having done it for 3 years.

Love the optimism but if it was that easy we would be more than four points in front given how shite the fat Aussie has been so far this season 

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Is morbidly funny seeing the stages of grief playing out here.

"Nah it's never happening, it's fucking Villa, typical international break bullshit."

"What the fuck? Fucking rat."

"Well, maybe we'll get in someone who will get us playing better!"

"Fucking scunnered."

"This is Rangers. We move on."

My posts alone are a quick journey through all of these. :lol: 

Mine too mate 😂

Villa correspondent just posted this

Steven Gerrard to Aston Villa all but done as he finalises his backroom staff. I'm expecting an announcement within the next 24 to 48 hours if not sooner. Christian Purslow set to get his man. Villans; fill in our Villa-Gerrard survey https://t.co/78pqVWZ4yU #avfc

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

New manager will still have fuck all money to spend unless he wins the league.

Spot on, and for that reason many will rule themselves out. Good coaches want a project, a rebuild, to stamp their own mark on a team, not inherit one that someone else built. Our only priority for this season is to win the league, we should look no further than that. Failure to do so would be grim at best. A manager with intimate knowledge of the SPL allows us to hit the ground running but the risks attached if not delivered are huge.