Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Why sell Kamara in the first place just because he’s been somewhat underwhelming so far? There’s no reason to sell him. Any other situation we’d be screaming at the thought of losing one of our best players while we’re going for a title.

We are about to have a new manager coming in. He’s going to want players of his own. We have no money to sign those players right now. The only way to generate that money is through player trading. If Gerrard comes and offers us money for Kamara it could allow us to refresh and strengthen the squad which is something people have been saying we need for weeks. I honestly don’t get what’s tough to grasp about that concept tbh.

If we sell Kamara for say 12 million and we get Gilmour on loan until the end of the season are we any worse off in the short term?

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Gerrard out in November, Kent and Kamara out in January.

The blueprint for 56 has never looked shiter.

Bear in mind we've got more power over players than staff. Kamara's just signed a new contract in the last three months and it runs until summer 2025. We have all the power there and if Villa, or any other club, want him badly, they can wait until the summer then smash our outgoing transfer fee record to do it. 

If he wants to be nearer family it’s fair enough, it’s the only reason I can see him taking that job. Would have been better offers on the table if he delivered the title again with us.

he’ll win nothing (not even the Championship) for the rest of his managerial career. Relegation scrap vs managing in the Champions League surely a no brainer? The type of character he is I still recon he will see us through till the summer. Hope he stays and finishes the job. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Gerrard has fucked his legacy here, there’s no other way of looking at it.

If we go on and win the league this season then in time last season will be remembered fondly along with his time here, but if we don’t win the league this season he is possibly going to be my least favourite manager in my lifetime due to the damage he will have caused. 

Trophy record here and winning records against the likes of Aberdeen has been fucking dreadful btw 

think we have to face it. he never really gave a shit about the club. just a bit of experience for him.

if he goes now then will have truly fucked it.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We are about to have a new manager coming in. He’s going to want players of his own. We have no money to sign those players right now. The only way to generate that money is through player trading. If Gerrard comes and offers us money for Kamara it could allow us to refresh and strengthen the squad which is something people have been saying we need for weeks. I honestly don’t get what’s tough to grasp about that concept tbh.

If we sell Kamara for say 12 million and we get Gilmour on loan until the end of the season are we any worse off in the short term?

GVB could attract Veerman.. :pipe:

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If we go on and win the league this season then in time last season will be remembered fondly along with his time here, but if we don’t win the league this season he is possibly going to be my least favourite manager in my lifetime due to the damage he will have caused. 

Trophy record here and winning records against the likes of Aberdeen has been fucking dreadful btw 

Cringed when first seen the wall thing we are doing just now with all fans faces on it and Gerrard beside Walter now will look even worse !  

Just now, DBBTB said:

Any manager worth their salt is going to want to work with Kamara. We don't have a player with a higher 'ceiling' in terms of potential ability. 

One things for sure....regardless of how things pan out with the talks Gerrard is done at our club....it would be impossible for him to return to us, first defeat and the place would go mental

Ps if this has been happening since Sunday I would like to think that Gerrard notified the board about this.....I would hate to think we are waiting to he does his first Villa presser before we decide to start our process of getting a new man in:raging:

Just now, .Williamson. said:

But then if we win the league we'd qualify for the Champions League and the biggest reason behind that is even possible in the first place is Gerrard's success in Europe.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

One things for sure....regardless of how things pan out with the talks Gerrard is done at our club....it would be impossible for him to return to us, first defeat and the place would go mental

Ps if this has been happening since Sunday I would like to think that Gerrard notified the board about this.....I would hate to think we are waiting to he does his first Villa presser before we decide to start our process of getting a new man in:raging:

We Resigned Kenny Miller. 

I think Gerrard will be fine. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

What’s tough to grasp about not selling your best players in January and taking massive risks on over inflated transfer fees for players that require time to bed in? 

If we sold Kamara for a mere £12m we’re already taking the piss. Billy Gilmour isn’t coming north unless Lampard is appointed or Gerrard is still in that post. 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Any manager worth their salt is going to want to work with Kamara. We don't have a player with a higher 'ceiling' in terms of potential ability. 

I really like Kamara, and he does an important role in our system, but I’m not sure you’re getting multimillions for a midfielder who doesn’t score or create, and isn’t really particularly defensive either.

Might just be my ignorance, but of all our ‘good’ players I think he’s most easily replaceable. 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Couldn't even make Hampden in the Scottish Cup on 3 attempts.