Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, BarclayClansmen said:

I’m sure he would love the Liverpool job, but he can’t put his life on hold waiting for it. 
Villa have a great history and are a big club, and will probably pay him half a million a month. 
I do wonder if debt discussions have swayed him to move. 

lets get Lampard in. 

He has moved because he thinks this increases his chance of the Liverpool job.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Am I the only one spewing reading cunts wishing him all the best and thanking him?

I thank him for 55 and restoring respect at our club. He did what he was brought in to do. 

We’ve had bigger and better leave before, and we keep moving forward. 

Just now, TheKingObv said:

I'd be 'gutted' if we were absolutely smashing it this season. But we aren't. This season has been par at best results-wise, and below par football-wise.

Disappointed in Gerrard but definitely not gutted like some.

I think he'd took us a far as he could tbh,tho we would still have won the league it would have been a slog imo.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

I'd be 'gutted' if we were absolutely smashing it this season. But we aren't. This season has been par at best results-wise, and below par football-wise.

Disappointed in Gerrard but definitely not gutted like some.

I don't think anyone is actually gutted he is away but in the manner in which he has left. Like a coward. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I thank him for 55 and restoring respect at our club. He did what he was brought in to do. 

That's how I'm looking at it. He did the job he came in to do. It's stagnated a bit this season, so I think he has gone as far as his abilities have taken him at this time. 

New blood, freshen it up for the rest of the season and a chance for the new manager to create a legacy.

5 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

I’m sure he would love the Liverpool job, but he can’t put his life on hold waiting for it. 
Villa have a great history and are a big club, and will probably pay him half a million a month. 
I do wonder if debt discussions have swayed him to move. 

lets get Lampard in. 

Let's not