Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

You're responding a lot but, just to be clear, you're wrong about this. It might help if you actually read and understood the posts you're responding to in future. 

You think this place wouldn't be full of folk going mental if Gerrard gave some wishy-washy answer to being asked about a move away?

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

We are more likely to keep tav and sell patterson i would bet. We would get nowhere near 10m for tav. 

Patterson can't get in his team the now, don't see it.

£10m for Tav for an EPL team for what he brings is a bargain to be honest, even as a squad player. They cunts dump £20m on fucking prospects now days.

If Gerrard wants to play a similar system to what he had here with its reliance on Tav, I think there is a real chance he comes in for him.

Just hope it's not a chicken feed offer and the board hold firm for good money. Tav is still miles ahead of Patterson.

Leaving you lot in the Shit?. Your top of the League ffs!!. 

I couldn't really give a flying fook where Gerard is tbh, but just reading all your whingeing is a joke. Didn't Gerard get you your first title in 10 years and leave you top of the League?.

Scottish League is shit compared to the Prem and Gerard was always destined to go back. He just used Rangers as a stepping stone.

It seems a move that most people would of done.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Patterson can't get in his team the now, don't see it.

£10m for Tav for an EPL team for what he brings is a bargain to be honest, even as a squad player. They cunts dump £20m on fucking prospects now days.

If Gerrard wants to play a similar system to what he had here with its reliance on Tav, I think there is a real chance he comes in for him.

Just hope it's not a chicken feed offer and the board hold firm for good money. Tav is still miles ahead of Patterson.

But age will play a massive part and value. 

We need to think about assets more than anything and Patterson has the ability to step up.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You think this place wouldn't be full of folk going mental if Gerrard gave some wishy-washy answer to being asked about a move away?

You, as someone who I believe works in comms of some description, think there's isn't another way for him to answer that question that's acceptable to the club and supporters without being so definitive and emphatic? 

27 minutes ago, Misteral said:

He'll be in touch personally with the players at some point. I think we all know that. 

He might call a few, he is probably a self-centred arrogant cunt as well as a rat bastard. Fuck him and his staff.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Happens all the time in football.

Well neither one of us knows how or when Aston Villa initially got in touch so, for the sake of argument, let's just say sometimes clubs do informally sound-out replacements prior to sacking incumbents and sometimes they don't. My instinct is that this time they did, yours is otherwise. Both are possible and I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise. 

All very well moving for.......

His family.

Chance to manage in the EPL.

Cash to buy players.

BUT..

he will never again get the highs that he must have got at the end of last season and the adulation from the fans which would have continued if he had repeated the title this season.

I actally think he will regret it over the next couple of years.

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

But age will play a massive part and value. 

We need to think about assets more than anything and Patterson has the ability to step up.

Aye, but Tav easily had another 3 years at the top of his game, that's basically £3m a year which is fuck all for premiership teams. Won't be very expensive on wages either, one of the lower earners in the squad I would imagine at villa.

I agree about Patterson, that's why I think we should sell Tav. Tav is by far the better player now, but this is the last chance to cash in I feel.

Cash in on Tav, develop Patterson, get a few years out of him and cash in even more.

Some amazing results and gave us 55 but also has an atrocious cup record and after some of his recent recent comments about loving us, being settled etc. Fucking off to Villa at the first sniff leaves a bad taste. 

Onto someone else, hope we get it right. 

Just now, rangersross said:

Well neither one of us knows how or when Aston Villa initially got in touch so, for the sake of argument, let's just say sometimes clubs do informally sound-out replacements prior to sacking incumbents and sometimes they don't. My instinct is that this time they did, yours is otherwise. Both are possible and I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise. 

Clubs sound out replacements far less often than you think, Hence why clubs don't often appoint the first 'favourite' - despite the name often being leaked by the club themselves.

Just now, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

All very well moving for.......

His family.

Chance to manage in the EPL.

Cash to buy players.

BUT..

he will never again get the highs that he must have got at the end of last season and the adulation from the fans which would have continued if he had repeated the title this season.

I actally think he will regret it over the next couple of years.

Yes, there are a lot of benefits he can get in Aston Villa

But life is not just about benefits but also for respect. Does he show any respect? No.