Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Aston Villa are so weak. Imagine giving him a contract that aligns with the ending of Klopp's contract. What does that say to their fans? I have never heard of a contract that is years + months. Ha!

Literlly any manager that moves midseason signs a contract that is for 'years and months' and will take them the the end of a season. Same with players. When we signed Kamara (for example) he signed a four-and-a-half-year deal.

17 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I wonder if anyone kept the receipt for the £25k press pass that got you an interview with Gerrard. 

I had this thought last night. :lol: 25k for a sit down with Derek McInnes in March sounds like money well spent.

I really don’t get the heat SG is getting from some of our fans. It’s football, it was always going to happen at some point. In fact, it’s ridiculous that people haven’t got enough about them to recognise the job he has done and that he stopped them getting 10. Nothing but best wishes from me. 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

I really don’t get the heat SG is getting from some of our fans. It’s football, it was always going to happen at some point. In fact, it’s ridiculous that people haven’t got enough about them to recognise the job he has done and that he stopped them getting 10. Nothing but best wishes from me. 

It's ridiculous thinking that stopping the 10 is enough for some people to accept him completely shafting us in the middle of a crucial season.

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

70A254EE-B100-45AC-AD67-C120CC410F8D.gif

He's gone now and we move on. 

Pros of his time here is winning 55, European runs and we're in much better shape than before. 

Cons was an abysmal cup record. 1 final in 6 attempts. 

He's the past now. It's time for a new manager to take us forward.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

It's ridiculous thinking that stopping the 10 is enough for some people to accept him completely shafting us in the middle of a crucial season.

How have we been shafted? We’re not exactly flying right now anyway other than a very slight up turn in form over past couple of games and we still have exactly the same squad. Managers come and go all the time it’s upto the board and Wilson to get the appointment correct. 

some people have got short memories, them winning 10 would have been a fucking unmitigated disaster that they’d have held over us forever. 

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

you don't get why? our next game is a league cup semi final, the game after that is a EL game for a chance of extending European football over Christmas, hell winning the league nets us 30 million + not to mention another shot at a cup.......so yeah i can't see why SG is getting heat either.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

The kind of job he was clearly looking for came up at the wrong time. Such is life in football. We're not immune from this kind of thing. 

Wilson should have contingency plans for this. Shortlist should be there already.

1 minute ago, Kents_Hook said:

you don't get why? our next game is a league cup semi final, the game after that is a EL game for a chance of extending European football over Christmas, hell winning the league nets us 30 million + not to mention another shot at a cup.......so yeah i can't see why SG is getting heat either.

🤣🤣🤣 you’re a hell of worrier. we’ll appoint a new manager and be absolutely fine. 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

TBF - if we get GVB in quickly, he is far from shafting us, I think he will enhance us. Still shite timing tho

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He's gone now and we move on. 

Pros of his time here is winning 55, European runs and we're in much better shape than before. 

Cons was an abysmal cup record. 1 final in 6 attempts. 

He's the past now. It's time for a new manager to take us forward.

Exactly mate 

2 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

To be fair, he probably did us a favour leaving before the semi final. Cunt must have had the worst record in our history in them!

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I'm as disappointed as anyone but some of the comments about him have been fucking disgusting. Beyond taig like when Rodgers left.

Would bet the vast majority are coming from those who answered 'yes' to @BridgeIsBlue's Gerrard out poll after the Livi draw.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

He's left and take every single member of our coaching staff before we head into pur toughest 2 months of one of our biggest ever seasons. 2 weeks after he got upset about being questioned about our future.

He's a despicable rat cunt.

Agree with all that, doesn't mean what he did is acceptable.

No issue with it for me. I see it as a normal part of football. 

Reading through some of the comments and can't believe people are still defending Gerrard

Thankful for winning the title last year & for bringing a bit of class back into the club but the way he's handled the exit will mean he'll be forever remembered for being a rat bastard 

Let the anger/disappointment out today & tomorrow forget the cunt

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm as disappointed as anyone but some of the comments about him have been fucking disgusting. Beyond taig like when Rodgers left.

Would bet the vast majority are coming from those who answered 'yes' to @BridgeIsBlue's Gerrard out poll after the Livi draw.

:lol: 

What Gerrard done was disgusting.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

:lol: