Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

I don't understand but kind of do understand his pissing and moaning about money. It must have been made clear to him that there was money being front-loaded into the squad to stop 10IAR and that the next few windows would be pretty quiet. 

If he can take those players, win a league by 25 points and win the Europa group last season what's the fucking problem in expecting similar this season with a few minor ins and outs.

Started questioning his motivation after that Malmo game. Guy's a rotter.

10 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Kinda late to all this today. Not sure how I feel about him leaving as it could really go either way for us now. The more I read about the whole sorry episode the more I think SG was probably tapped up weeks ago. Mates with Purslow so probably had phone chats. “Look Stevie if this goes tits up with Dean Smith, which it’s looking like, would you come to Villa?”  Seeds planted weeks ago. SG takes his eye off the ball at Rangers, smirks through the Newcastle question with Emma Dodds because he knows where he’s really going. Smith gets the sack and SG is in place within days. We will all be grateful for 55 but the whole episode can’t fail to leave a bad taste in the mouth. Disappointed in him but not surprised. 

Have to agree with you there mate. This happened way too fast. Disappointed is to mild a word for me. He fucking bailed on us when we had such an opportunity to go forward to Champions League next season. He’s a rat cunt never to be forgiven. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Have to agree with you there mate. This happened way too fast. Disappointed is to mild a word for me. He fucking bailed on us when we had such an opportunity to go forward to Champions League next season. He’s a rat cunt never to be forgiven. 

I’m still torn HC but if he did know weeks ago he was for the off I might have to agree with you. 

Its only after the dust settles you can analyse it but yes, it all seemed to go as smooth as fuck for SG and Villa. Too seamless to think it was just tied up over the weekend. 

As long as we kick on with GVB I won’t give a toss that he’s gone. 

3 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

I’m still torn HC but if he did know weeks ago he was for the off I might have to agree with you. 

Its only after the dust settles you can analyse it but yes, it all seemed to go as smooth as fuck for SG and Villa. Too seamless to think it was just tied up over the weekend. 

As long as we kick on with GVB I won’t give a toss that he’s gone. 

👍 Fuck him mate. Really hope he comes to the realization that he’s fucked it. Persona Non Grata now with us. 
Looking forward to GVB taking us further than he could ever take us. Hopefully the future is Orange mate. 

7 minutes ago, Craig/ said:

This may have already been said but remember the rat kept us waiting months before starting because he wanted to honour his BT contract 

Reaching a bit there. We appointed him in April and he started that summer. Considering the shit show that season had been and the fact there was nothing else to play for you can’t blame him for wanting zero part of it, or any association with it.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Reaching a bit there. We appointed him in April and he started that summer. Considering the shit show that season had been and the fact there was nothing else to play for you can’t blame him for wanting zero part of it, or any association with it.

Agree that’s more probably the reason for him doing that but I’m sure he said at the time that was the reason for him waiting. 

Wasn’t a real point of he can honour the BT contract and not his Rangers one. More ironic he uses that excuse then leaves us with this timing. 

3 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I don't understand but kind of do understand his pissing and moaning about money. It must have been made clear to him that there was money being front-loaded into the squad to stop 10IAR and that the next few windows would be pretty quiet. 

If he can take those players, win a league by 25 points and win the Europa group last season what's the fucking problem in expecting similar this season with a few minor ins and outs.

Started questioning his motivation after that Malmo game. Guy's a rotter.

I remember thinking at the time something was different from the norm in his press conference after the Brondby game ,Couldn’t hear the question properly and rewound it a few times .But it sounded like a local journo asking about Brondbys chances of getting into Conference section .Gerrard was short as fuck with him and moved on .

He knew he was going .You don’t make a decision to change jobs in a 2 day spell .This has been lined up for weeks waiting on the international break .

The disrespect he's shown the club and the fans by slinking off like he has is finally sinking in. 

I can understand the need to move on when the time is right but this was underhand. Results and attitudes were showing a distinct decline and he could have destroyed our chances of the league, so better off without the lot of them, when your head's turned there's no going back.

Get the right team in and it's onwards and upwards.

Fuck 'em

Looks like this deal was going on in the background long before Villa sacked their manager.

Makes him a snake bastard to the guy in the job as well.

Eagerly await the day hes fired because he will be , the guy is fuckin clueless as a manager no matter how much cash hes has to spend......

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You keep on defending the rat bastard , one solitary trophy in 3 and half years and shown for most of that time to be fuckin clueless on tactics.

I think he's a rat bastard but he literally took us to the Last 16 of the Europa League.

13 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think he's a rat bastard but he literally took us to the Last 16 of the Europa League.

He won one trophy in all the time he was here and completely embarrassed us in many cup competitions against shite teams because he is tactically clueless , as Villa will find out quick enough.

Time wont heal this regarding this rat bastard , he will never get any credit from me

21 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Gerrard and Beale showed plenty of times that they know what to do tactically, especially in big games in Europe.