Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

With a couple of good signings Gerrard could easily have Villa in the top 8. They're basically us in Europe which suits him/Beale perfectly.

Seems to already be looking at a centre half witu Pau Torres and Joe Gomez linked already. Also think they will be in the market for a left winger. Ashley Young played there yesterday and he must be 35/36 now. Worrying for us, given his highly he rates Kent.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Seems to already be looking at a centre half witu Pau Torres and Joe Gomez linked already. Also think they will be in the wing for a left winger. Ashley Young played there yesterday and he must be 35/36 now. Worrying for us, given his highly he rates Kent.

Coming in for Kent sadly must be a near on certainty. Hopefully big money to soften the blow a bit if it does happen.

22 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Coming in for Kent sadly must be a near on certainty. Hopefully big money to soften the blow a bit if it does happen.

He fits the profile of what Villa seem to look for in players too. I think a bid is inevitable in January and if it comes we just have to hope it’s for the right money.

31 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He fits the profile of what Villa seem to look for in players too. I think a bid is inevitable in January and if it comes we just have to hope it’s for the right money.

I don’t think Kent offers anything near enough at the moment to be honest. Better targets out there with their resources.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think Kent offers anything near enough at the moment to be honest. Better targets out there with their resources.

Watching them on Match of the Day & you wonder who of ours he’d really need.

Watched Everton earlier - quite frankly, we have 4 or 5 who would improve them.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Couldn’t have asked for a better start tbh. I know a lot of people are bitter and raging but I actually want him to do well.

I only want him to do well in terms of they always give Scottish football a kicking so want him to prove its not easy up here as they say it is.

But in saying that Villa will finish between 8-14 every year whoever their manager is.

Personally now that Gio is more than filling his boots I do not give a flying fuck and now that I have come to my senses I truly wish him well in his career.It really gives me confidence in the board to pick the best manager and appoint him for our needs at any given time.Onwards and upwards

On 05/12/2021 at 20:26, GabrielTomato said:

Confirming in his latest interview with Carragher that he's a monumental knob who can't take responsibility for leaving when he did. 

Apparently in his 3 years at the Club only two remits were set and he achieved them. :lol: 

:lol: Stop 10...... what was the second? Fail at every cup?

On 05/12/2021 at 20:26, GabrielTomato said:

Confirming in his latest interview with Carragher that he's a monumental knob who can't take responsibility for leaving when he did. 

Apparently in his 3 years at the Club only two remits were set and he achieved them. :lol: 

:lol: Stop 10...... what was the second? Fail at every cup?

Glad he’s gone tbh, this remit patter he’s been spouting for 2 weeks sums up his mentality as a manager, which actually probably stems from his playing career when a trophy every couple of years was enough. 

He’ll not be coming in for any our players if he did I’d be demanding £20m for every single player from Firth to Kent. 

Unfortunately the board are blinded by his stature so he’ll be absolutely fine to deal with us on his terms no doubt

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Seen he was asked about the upcoming Liverpool game and he said we are not competing with Liverpool in terms of the level they are both at at the moment.

Loser mentality and shows the level of club he's dropped down to.

Imagine if we had got into the Champions League and got drawn against Bayern or something and he came out with that.

Gerrard pre-match....

Z(3).thumb.jpg.6d2d38d5a5310b493c648fc8a535814a.jpg