Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

I think he thought he had taken Rangers as far as he could. If he lost the league this season then his stock would have plummeted. We had been stuttering at times under his leadership and an opportunity had come to go to an underperforming team. I think it is a combination of him bottling it due to substandard performances but scraping the points at times, being closer to family, more money and being able to raise his stock by bettering an underperforming team with financial resources for improvement. 

27 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

People talked about him being a ‘winner’ a lot, but he was in a team where being a match winner was fine. Whole different mentality required to win leagues over the distance. Seemed his head was gone after 55. 

You could well be spot on there .

I reckon to be a winner you need to be a serial winner .What he has is a strong will to win .

3 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

I think he thought he had taken Rangers as far as he could. If he lost the league this season then his stock would have plummeted. We had been stuttering at times under his leadership and an opportunity had come to go to an underperforming team. I think it is a combination of him bottling it due to substandard performances but scraping the points at times, being closer to family, more money and being able to raise his stock by bettering an underperforming team with financial resources for improvement. 

Heard a few bits about him only travelling up on the mornings of match days and stuff like that. If my boss swanned in once a week I’d be chucking it too, can see it was effecting the players. 

On 07/12/2021 at 08:22, left winger said:

I agree with some of that, but if we’re to acknowledge he stopped the 10, we have to acknowledge his, and the team’s, dreadful efforts at stopping the 8, and the 9.

If we knew what would have happened would every single Rangers’ fan really have bitten someone your arm off for one league in three, no cups in 9 and 55 last season? I’m not so sure, tbh.

After the absolute doings we took under the bread man and Pedro I’d have 100% took what we got. I’ll be honest and say I did expect some success in the cups but that was very much secondary to stoping the bindippers 10IAR*

Our current abysmal record in the cups is never going to be good enough going forward for us, we demand more silverware.

8 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

After the absolute doings we took under the bread man and Pedro I’d have 100% took what we got. 

Absolutely. He snuck away in the night, which leaves a sour taste, however he definitely left us in a better position than we were in before. Miles better. 

15 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

After the absolute doings we took under the bread man and Pedro I’d have 100% took what we got. I’ll be honest and say I did expect some success in the cups but that was very much secondary to stoping the bindippers 10IAR*

Our current abysmal record in the cups is never going to be good enough going forward for us, we demand more silverware.

SG leaving was only a matter of time, it was the manner of his departure that stank but as you say I’d have bitten your handoff for what he did for us.

13 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

SG leaving was only a matter of time, it was the manner of his departure that stank but as you say I’d have bitten your handoff for what he did for us.

I honestly believed he would bow out with some decorum about him, a press conference to send a farewell to the squad and the fans, It just all seemed a bit 'fly by night' and classless.

O well that the game for you.

6 hours ago, CR3 said:

Klopp doesn’t half punt him to be his successor eh.

346CE885-793D-4823-A8F5-FFC9088F68CB.jpeg

The same guy  who was going to Chelsea for more money whilst still at Liverpool even back then he was bailing out and it would have panned out exactly the way he left us.

From memory he'd all but agreed terms under the radar ,with Liverpool going through a barren spell at the time he was bailing out.

Cunt 🤔

Glad we got Gio 👍

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t hold the same level of resentment towards him that some of our supporters do but the gushing over him this week because he’s going back to Anfield has been nauseating.

I hope he gets beaten every game. Utter lack of professionalism this season from him, never mind his exit. Treated the club with a lack of respect IMO.

Brought us from a terrible position back to the top, horrible exit but I hope time is a healer. If we got that appointment wrong celtic would be going for 11 in a row and after front loading cash we would be selling and be at best fighting for second I think. 

In hindsight he lost it this summer, don't know why and should have left, but he did still get us 4 points clear and still in Europe and cup(he takes alot of blame for semi though obviously).

For what it's worth, while not perfect, I think he has it as a manager. Charisma, good man manager, good media and beale to do the tactics for him. Villa will improve and I think he can go on and win that elusive epl title with the scousers in a few years time.

58 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

For what it's worth, while not perfect, I think he has it as a manager. Charisma, good man manager, good media and beale to do the tactics for him. Villa will improve and I think he can go on and win that elusive epl title with the scousers in a few years ti

I’ve said it several times but I genuinely think he’s one of the best young managers in Europe at the moment.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve said it several times but I genuinely think he’s one of the best young managers in Europe at the moment.

He's very good with a great backroom team behind him.

He will do well. But he fucked us over so fuck him 

I think he has it in him to be a top manager as he is still early on in his management career ands learning all the time.  He did what was asked off him for us , to stop the ten ,and for that I will be eternally grateful albeit the domestic cup runs were a disappointment.I wish him all the best 🔴🔵