Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

23 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He tried to do both Vieira and Henry in the Charity Shield in 01 or 02. Can't remember what year it was but he was a filthy thug of a bastard when he was younger. Tackled a lot like Ryan Porteous.

His tackle on George Boateng was disgusting. 6.34 in the video below:

That was assault. Minging  scouse cunt! 

There are pros and cons for his management career with us and as with most emotive football arguments people tend to bring up the one that suits them best.

However, how he conducted himself at the end with us was not befitting a Rangers manager. He let himself and the club down with the underhand way he behaved and then afterwards all the quotes and soundbites to put himself in the best light.

To see how a real Rangers manager should conduct himself you only have to look at Mr Walter Smith.

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

IMG-20211226-WA0014.jpg

Fucking sad bastard. Gerrard actually put up a pic of him in gers strip too. Get over it ffs was the right man at the right time. Our new manager has won every game and people being bitter to gerrards kids ffs.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Fucking sad bastard. Gerrard actually put up a pic of him in gers strip too. Get over it ffs was the right man at the right time. Our new manager has won every game and people being bitter to gerrards kids ffs.

:troll: It was a fucking joke. Ya botton.

What do we think happened with him now with time to reflect. Was in high spirits un May and seemed to be enjoying it. The summer was strange and unorganised, completely different to his other ones. We failed in the CL and as disappointing as that was it can happen and his European record was phenomenal overall. He seemed off in press conferences, I actually thought dealing with only fan media(and stv) was the issue for him there at the time but maybe he was just bored with the job. On the pitch top of league but playing very poorly. Top players bang out of form.

Did he get bored? Was it not getting the transfer window he wanted? Cl exit? Or something else? Imo he still seems a bit different in his pressers with villa, although obviously had a great start on the pitch.

On 28/12/2021 at 14:09, MacBoyd said:

What do we think happened with him now with time to reflect. Was in high spirits un May and seemed to be enjoying it. The summer was strange and unorganised, completely different to his other ones. We failed in the CL and as disappointing as that was it can happen and his European record was phenomenal overall. He seemed off in press conferences, I actually thought dealing with only fan media(and stv) was the issue for him there at the time but maybe he was just bored with the job. On the pitch top of league but playing very poorly. Top players bang out of form.

Did he get bored? Was it not getting the transfer window he wanted? Cl exit? Or something else? Imo he still seems a bit different in his pressers with villa, although obviously had a great start on the pitch.

I think the disappointment of Malmö, coupled with the fact we play most sides 4 times a season domestically, will have ground him down. 

For what it’s worth, I think we’ll struggle to keep any manager here for more than 3-4 years due to the small number of clubs in the league. That season we played Kilmarnock 7 fucking times is ridiculous and means managers are playing the same sides and set ups constantly.

Compare that to the EPL or most other top flight leagues, where you’ve only got a home and away meeting with each side, you can see why people who aren’t boyhood fans would get jaded. 

Timing still sucked though, fortunately it appears Gio isn’t a step down. 

23 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I think the disappointment of Malmö, coupled with the fact we play most sides 4 times a season domestically, will have ground him down. 

For what it’s worth, I think we’ll struggle to keep any manager here for more than 3-4 years due to the small number of clubs in the league. That season we played Kilmarnock 7 fucking times is ridiculous and means managers are playing the same sides and set ups constantly.

Compare that to the EPL or most other top flight leagues, where you’ve only got a home and away meeting with each side, you can see why people who aren’t boyhood fans would get jaded. 

Remember it well bud.

We also played the sheep 7 times that same season as well :ang:

14 games, or somewhere between a quarter and  a third of a season against just 2 teams  FS :lol:

On 02/01/2022 at 17:21, plymouthranger said:

The decision to go to a 12 league team in the mid 70s is the root of many of the problems with Scottish football in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

One of the clubs being linked with Coutinho and it wouldn’t surprise me if they got him. Think they will want to make that big “statement” signing early to give off the we are big players now vibe.

If there's anywhere that might work for Coutinho, it's in that system as one of the two 10s with Beale there too, given his history in Brazil.

I don't see it though, I think he is absolutely finished as a footballer. I genuinely can't believe how bad he has been for Barca.

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If there's anywhere that might work for Coutinho, it's in that system as one of the two 10s with Beale there too, given his history in Brazil.

I don't see it though, I think he is absolutely finished as a footballer. I genuinely can't believe how bad he has been for Barca.

I know he was very young but I couldn't believe Liverpool paid money to Inter for him when they did. £8m was still a decent fee back then too. In truth he's only ever looked comfortable at Liverpool.

Was obvious it would be one of the worst transfers ever.

Liverpool robbed Barcelona and did what I thought they should by using the funds to sort their defence.

Best decision Klopp ever made. 

Can't remember the exact figures but Liverpool had a far better win percentage when Coutinho was missing.

The Brazilian Dele Alli.

Villa are crazy to go for him.