Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

2 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Your missing the point, they all said he was their next manager, they were wrong.

And by all accounts it looked like he agreed to be and then backed out because the backroom staff. 

Nobody has said Gerrard is the Villa manager, they have said Villa will approach, so what has the Howe situation got to do with it?

Just now, Broxi said:

Because it was the hot thing to say at the time and the press were framing the questions for them to say it, players say it all the time about whatever manager is in charge at the club.

Hagi was near flopping at Genk and we're bigger than them. If any Rangers manager wanted to take him he'd have came. Kent had already taken loans in the Championship and had struggled. Goldson was a £3m defender, post heart surgery and behind 2/3 excellent CBs at Brighton at the time. I see very little about the players we signed that suggests we'd have never got them without Gerrard

It’s also pretty logical players would want to work with him, it’s not that wild a statement. 

Hagi would have found moves on name alone for a while yet, it will still play a huge part when he leaves us. 

A fair bit of context forgot around our circumstance at the time we signed Kent and Goldson we were utterly shit and going nowhere, they weren’t coming at the time we signed them had we appointed Derek McIness or Alex Neil. 

Just now, Siam69 said:

Think it's true then, thought he's go if Villa offered it to him.

Do well there same as Moyes or Rodgers are doing, stick on for Liverpool.

Can't see him being interested in any of our players bar possibly Patterson.

He will take Kent 100%. High chance for Kamara and Goldson too imo.

Just now, Siam69 said:

Think it's true then, thought he's go if Villa offered it to him.

Do well there same as Moyes or Rodgers are doing, stick on for Liverpool.

Can't see him being interested in any of our players bar possibly Patterson.

Kamara and Kent as well. 

If he goes it’s shit but on paper he’s won one trophy out of nine and our performances have been shite and wanting the majority of the time this season, we’ve got away with it because the scum across the city are in major disarray. No mans bigger than the club 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

Yep he's off. He's pretty much one of the the Board's favourite mouthpieces isn't he?

In time I'll be more level headed but right now - if he's off Gerrard can get fucked and I hope he fails miserably and Liverpool never win anything ever again

Fuck sake get a grip 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He will take Kent 100%. High chance for Kamara and Goldson too imo.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Kamara and Kent as well. 

Very much doubt it.

You think Villa don't have better than that already?

Whole different level.

Rodger's team that dominated Scotland, how many did he take.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

And by all accounts it looked like he agreed to be and then backed out because the backroom staff. 

Nobody has said Gerrard is the Villa manager, they have said Villa will approach, so what has the Howe situation got to do with it?

I'm comparing them because every cunt is panicking due to a couple of reports that Villa has Gerrard as their number one target, doesn't mean it will happen.

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

It’s also pretty logical players would want to work with him, it’s not that wild a statement. 

Hagi would have found moves on name alone for a while yet, it will still play a huge part when he leaves us. 

A fair bit of context forgot around our circumstance at the time we signed Kent and Goldson we were utterly shit and going nowhere, they weren’t coming at the time we signed them had we appointed Derek McIness or Alex Neil. 

I agree they would want to work with him, I also don't think they would have only ever worked with him. The transfers we've made are very much Rangers level transfers, i.e players who were not first choice at clubs that aren't even better/bigger than us. I don't believe we've exceeded our reach in any transfer we've made because of Gerrard. 4th choice CB from Brighton, sub from Genk, reserve player from Liverpool and a League One player. 

Agree to disagree