Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

It will be a blow losing our manager mid season. Especially with some of the fixtures coming up. Hibs, Hearts , Sheep and Scum all away in the next couple of weeks. 

I'd like to think that Wilson as DOF has a shortlist of managers ready incase Gerrard moved on. It's not the first time he's been linked with a move away. 

If he does go, ideally we recruit quickly. We can't mess about with how important this league will be. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Thomson's bound to be in the running for the Hibs job the next time it comes up.

Would be a good move for him and one I think he will get eventually if he continues to do well.

I think it’s something we need to do more of tbh. Get more younger coaches who have had links to the club in and around the club for a while to learn the system, set up and style of play and then get them out managing on their own in the hope that they do well and we can eventually develop our own pool of homegrown coaches so we effectively have a production line of managers who we can turn to in the future.

9 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Really wish this wasn't true.

Hopefully we are sounding out GVB the now 

GVB with McCann as an assistant or coach to bridge the gap and explain the quirks of Scottish football (Gio hasn’t been here for 20 years now) would be my preference right now.

As noted above its the character, the experience, and the network that Gerrard and his backroom team bring that will be a big loss. Connections to a wealth of relationships, and perceptions of him from his playing career, equally brought great value to our club.

Drop this and we might find someone technically capable, but all of these variables are required; ultimately the rest become quite sterile if we can't link ourselves out to the media, players, managers, agents, etc beyond small locales that may come with some of the names kicking about.

Here's hoping we can either keep him or find someone with an equal level of calibre, drive, character and professionalism. 

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Floored by this.

Gutted.

If he goes so be it.

He’s done a lot of good at our club in terms of raising the (rock bottom) standards, and delivered 55 obviously - but he’s signed a load of shite, wasted a lot of money, had an appalling record in the cups and managed to lose two (or 1.75) titles to TLB. 

Won’t be losing sleep over it. As a manager, he’s replaceable. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was declined by McInnes after he missed two games when he took a leave of absence to consider his next move. 

So when our statement reads that Aberdeen refused permission for us to speak with him, you believe something different?

Certainly the sheep statement says they refused us permission and McInnes had never spoke about it  

so I’m only going on the club statement- what are you going on?

Just now, EMRFC said:

McCann speaks some sense in the RTV studio now people want him to replace Gerrard

Kevin Thomson manages in League One or whatever and people want him to replace Gerrard

Beale isn’t a manager, he’s an assistant manager and he’ll go wherever Gerrard goes.

If he goes, we need a proper manager.

They're saying McCann as number 2 as far as I've read