Best Player For Rangers

8 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

I had to pick from the 60’s team and it could have been Caldow, Greig or Henderson but I can never see past Slim Jim. Pure Class.

Wish I had seen Baxter play. Any modernish players that are similar as a reference for us unlucky enough to have missed him?

16 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Wish I had seen Baxter play. Any modernish players that are similar as a reference for us unlucky enough to have missed him?

The only two I could really think of were Pirlo and Cruyff but you would have to add a touch of say an Iniesta as Baxter could play from behind the halfway line with his passing. If you think Barry Ferguson had a good turn you should have seen the Baxter swivel sending guys totally in the wrong direction.

Honestly a world class talent and when Best and Puskas rated him you know you had a great player. Alex Ferguson described him as the best in Scottish Football.

5 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

The only two I could really think of were Pirlo and Cruyff but you would have to add a touch of say an Iniesta as Baxter could play from behind the halfway line with his passing. If you think Barry Ferguson had a good turn you should have seen the Baxter swivel sending guys totally in the wrong direction.

Honestly a world class talent and when Best and Puskas rated him you know you had a great player. Alex Ferguson described him as the best in Scottish Football.

Class - cheers :tu:

Davie Cooper for me. I'm left footed and always tried to emulate him when I was younger. Failed miserably! 

If I had a 2nd choice, even though Laudrup and Gazza were here at the time, I loved Jorg Albertz aswell. They two goals about a week apart versus the scum, in the cup, then the league (he ran past everyone) take some beating. :UK:

On 19/11/2021 at 22:09, mick1271 said:

Laudrup for me, followed by Gazza  . Favourite player would be Albertz though.

Exactly what was about to type.

Laudrup shades it for me, in terms of best, but only just. But Albertz was my fav too.

Laudrup was a genius.

Gascogne was a maverick.

Albertz was box office.

id give my right baw to have any one  if them in the team these days.

In 65 years of watching Rangers, I've seen hundreds of players play for us. 

I've seen shite players, average players, good players, very good players, but only one very very very good player. 

Bears and Bearettes, I give you the one and only "Slim" Jim Baxter.