Where does he start?

Malkytfp1

Top to bottom, back to front.  That's 6 games in a row we have conceded first and sure there'll be a ridiculous stat about somewhere.  But thats absolutely shocking.  First 2 goals were embarrassing defensively .  Most of us will agree there is easy changes to be made.  Players hungry to fight for the jersey and putting in a performance, Patterson, Bassey etc. 

Good thing is, we can change these players with not much risk.  Hopefully get through December and get to January transfer window.  Time for Gio to start his tenure and unfortunately that means some have to go

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s not happening now. I’ve already said I don’t think there will be wholesale changes in mid season but you can bet any amount of money that our starting 11 looks very different on the opening day of next season.

Our starting 11 should look very fucking different on Thursday night, we've gone over all the ground regarding tav but I'll say it again, he needs dropped for patterson, goldson if we could replace him i would but that leaves us with simpson at the back, erm naw, bassey starts at left back, barisic clocked out ages ago now

Midfield 1 fuck it, go jack or lundstram, with the orders to get the ball and move it forward, no covering fullbacks, just tell them to hold back a bit and to support the guys in front of them instead of going by them 

4 in behind sakala, focus on getting the ball down and in behind for him to run onto, Kent and Wright out wide, pace to get in behind the fullbacks, hagi, aribo and arfield fight for the 2 central attacking mid roles

People say GvB likes the 433 as well, however much he likes it, it needs to be high tempo high pressing further up the park, think he'll do it? 

2 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

We need to be calm. Today was bad but in football things are never as bad or as good as you think.

The team hasn't been playing well and is short of confidence but the ability is broadly still there.

Goldson hasn't been great and is an easy target because of the contract situation but with Helander out he's by far our best centre back and his diagonal passing and long balls are a useful tool, especially to pick up runners from midfield into the opposition's final third.

Tavernier also hasn't hit the heights of last season but has popped up with some important contributions. Barisic however has been awful all season. I'd give both a rest for a few matches and let Patterson and Bassey have a run at full back. I'm not quite as high on Patterson as most people seem to be and think Tavernier is overall still a significantly better player, but there's tonnes of raw potential and he's clearly playing with confidence, so let him have a chance and see if he can give us some impetus.

It's time to sit Davis. He's coming up for 37 and time has caught up with him. He's a good option to maintain what we have (ie see out a win), but we need to be more assertive in midfield and that means not starting both Davis and Kamara.

Morelos has been really poor this season, and frankly for large portions of last season. I don't think Sakala is the answer and Roofe consistently has injury issues. Either you try and get Morelos to modify his game and spend more time in the box or you hope Roofe can stay fit.

Again we don't need major surgery, just a boost to our confidence and a few good results and we'll be back on our way.

I think this it too optimistic a view now. The majority of us were willing to give leeway for less consistency after the efforts of last season in the league but the bad performances, the same mistakes have just happened too often. 

The painful reality I think is that we have too many players who probably played the best football they’ll ever play last season or are no longer interested because of the potential of a move elsewhere and the manager who brought them in leaving for a Premier League job where he may want to sign them 

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Mcculloch was a terrible captain. Laughing with  Commons at half time while losing was the worst thing I have ever seen.

Worse than tav telling the world that we shite it in front of fans essentially? 

Just now, DBBTB said:

I think we are more likely to see a winger come in than a striker. By all accounts Gio plays a 4-3-3 with wingers who hit the touchline and none of our wider players really, or look like they are capable of playing like that.

Agree 100% on the centre half though. Goldson needs to go and GVB needs to be allowed to bring in his own option to play there.

When Gio came in, with all the talk about how he likes out and out wingers, I also thought that would be the first area in the team he'd want to change. But I think striker is the first area of the team that he needs to change. I think he can make do with the wide options we have just now, Kent is a winger, Sakala can play there, Wright is a winger too, or he can make do with the other options we've been using. I just think we urgently need a new main man up top and that would make the most difference to the team

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think we are more likely to see a winger come in than a striker. By all accounts Gio plays a 4-3-3 with wingers who hit the touchline and none of our wider players really, or look like they are capable of playing like that.

Agree 100% on the centre half though. Goldson needs to go and GVB needs to be allowed to bring in his own option to play there.

Will need a good striker who can head the ball then mate. 

11 minutes ago, Broxi said:

When Gio came in, with all the talk about how he likes out and out wingers, I also thought that would be the first area in the team he'd want to change. But I think striker is the first area of the team that he needs to change. I think he can make do with the wide options we have just now, Kent is a winger, Sakala can play there, Wright is a winger too, or he can make do with the other options we've been using. I just think we urgently need a new main man up top and that would make the most difference to the team

See I have confidence that he’ll be able to get a tune out of Morelos and get him going again.

However I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of him trying to get Jorgensen. He was his main centre forward at Feyernoord and he’s playing for some mid table Turkish mob now. If him and Wilson can wheel and deal a bit it seems like an open goal to try and get him on loan for six months because he will know the system right away and need minimal time to adapt to it.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

I’ll put my neck on the line and say yes.

Tav is a loser but Jig chucking an Old Firm game at half time was unforgivable.

No chance, im sorry but jig chucking an OF game against a tarrier team miles above us at the time both on and off the park is one thing

Tav coming out before a home game against hamilton, a team we were astronomical miles ahead of both on and off the park, and saying that we shite it in games like that due to pressure is something that should have seen him stripped of the captaincy and dropped

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Will need a good striker who can head the ball then mate. 

Not sure, but ive heard theres a swiss striker who by all accounts is quite good in the air, cedric itten i believe his name is, not sure where he's at the now but surely we could look at getting him in 

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We should have sold a player in the Summer and freshened the team up then. That’s easy to say with hindsight but it’s come back and but us big style.

I don't think it's hindsight tbf, most of us expected at least one if not two to go and I don't think anyone felt it would be a disaster if we lost one for good money considering the rebuild that was due across the city we had the space to make a change or two and not completely upset the balance of the squad. 

Last season was this team's Everest. I expected a drop off this year but I really can't recall more than one or two games where we've delivered for more than 45 minutes. Malmo really set the tone for the season, electric for 45 and abysmal for the following 45. 

I try to be fairly balanced after matches and back this team for what they've given over the past 12-15 months but being 3-0 down to Hibs in a semi-final after half an hour is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Didn't think this set of players could ruin their legacy but, despite somehow being 4points clear in the league, they're doing their best to piss all over it. 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not sure, but ive heard theres a swiss striker who by all accounts is quite good in the air, cedric itten i believe his name is, not sure where he's at the now but surely we could look at getting him in 

Might be able to get him on a free as well mate. 👍

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Itten shrunk when he went for a header. He's another player who gets better the less he plays.

Btw he's scored the grand total of 2 goals in Germany.

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Our starting 11 should look very fucking different on Thursday night, we've gone over all the ground regarding tav but I'll say it again, he needs dropped for patterson, goldson if we could replace him i would but that leaves us with simpson at the back, erm naw, bassey starts at left back, barisic clocked out ages ago now

Midfield 1 fuck it, go jack or lundstram, with the orders to get the ball and move it forward, no covering fullbacks, just tell them to hold back a bit and to support the guys in front of them instead of going by them 

4 in behind sakala, focus on getting the ball down and in behind for him to run onto, Kent and Wright out wide, pace to get in behind the fullbacks, hagi, aribo and arfield fight for the 2 central attacking mid roles

People say GvB likes the 433 as well, however much he likes it, it needs to be high tempo high pressing further up the park, think he'll do it? 

U fortunately bar maybe 1 or 2 possibly forced changes I can't see the team lining up any dif to what we would expect or have seen over the course of the season. Reckon this is going to be a long hard time for gio which may well break him before it makes him

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

U fortunately bar maybe 1 or 2 possibly forced changes I can't see the team lining up any dif to what we would expect or have seen over the course of the season. Reckon this is going to be a long hard time for gio which may well break him before it makes him

Should at least see changes to the keeper, Patterson and Bassey if nothing else. 

Can't let players get away with mugging the fans off like thay today, our club means far too much to too many people for that shit. 

He needs to get a few of them  in the office  and laid out how it is.

I'd start with Goldson and tell him this contract is effecting your game, sign it or  I'm transfer listing you January, this is just unacceptable.

You may have been one of Gerrard's undroppable, your not mine.

Hopefully he fancies the game on Thursday against Sparta, might want to watch that 1 from the stand aswell 

Need big changes, changes to our lineup and the tempo we play at if we want to stand any chance at turning it around

Needs to find out who doesn't want to be here and who fancies it

Far too much focus on individual players. Messi would have looked average in that team at times tonight.

No shape going forward. Davis sits 5 yards in front of the centre backs. Arfield has the touch of a conference player. Dropping the two of them would be a start as they offer next to nothing to our attacking play.

Teams know they just need to double up Kent and Aribo and that’s all our attacking threat nullified.

we don’t seem able to get Tav or Barisic to the bye line anymore.

I would like to see just two CM of Kamara and Jack. Two wingers (Aribo and Sakala/Wright). And Kent with a free role to play much tighter to Morelos

Gio favouring the same system might be a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Should at least see changes to the keeper, Patterson and Bassey if nothing else. 

Can't let players get away with mugging the fans off like thay today, our club means far too much to too many people for that shit. 

Tav needs dropped and in doing so that would be the time to take the armband off him permanently. 

Just now, Swagger said:

He’s pish. Fuck me I’d  swap Itten and Morelos for Martin Boyle right now. 

It’s mental that Boyle apparently had a buyout clause of £500,000 last Summer and the only team who publicly tried to get him was Aberdeen. People on here keep saying he’s pish, but he’s been excellent for Hibs for about two years now.