Where does he start?

Malkytfp1

7 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

Saying it ALL season. We need movement up front. We should be starting Wright Sakala Kent every game and they should be supported by Bassey and Patterson or Tav (I for one still rate him)

Defence starts with attack, and we are far too slow with the ball up front. We used to play this way, then it all changed with Morelos dropping back and the introduction of Aribo, Hagi etc as wingers (which they are not). 

Gio is absolutely PERFECT for this style. We will be fine. 

Sakala is one of the worst players i’ve seen in a blue shirt, there is no way he is the answer to anything.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We aren’t going to see wholesale changes this season. It’s going to be minor tweaks at best. No manager rips it up and starts again mid season, especially a team sitting top of the table.

He will go and rip it up imo. He's already spoken today about implementing his philosophy 

We've really got problems if we miss the CL next season. 

Shagger and Davis to be replaced already but beyond that diminishing player values and no CL cash making it hard to trade for new guys generally. 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

What the fuck has happened to our press? I've been saying it for weeks. Seems only three players press.

Aye same. Our best two performances this season were Brondby at Ibrox & away to Motherwell. Two of the few games we've pressed like last season!

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We aren’t going to see wholesale changes this season. It’s going to be minor tweaks at best. No manager rips it up and starts again mid season, especially a team sitting top of the table.

We won’t be top for long if we we continue 

New players needed:

GK

2xCB

LB

box to box CM

CF

Immediate action:

Strip captaincy and vice captaincy, don't know who I would give it to, anyone with a bit of fight and passion.  Aribo showed it today but not sure he is armband material. 

Drop Tav for Patterson, Borna for Bassey

Drop Goldson, his heart and head is no longer at Ibrox

No more packing DM

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

If anything Gio is going to go much more offensively, he's been criticised previously for being weak defensively. Think it's going to be more about whether we can outscore the other team, good for the league but not for Europe.

The premise is fine but not a 36 yr old as CDM or an immobile player like Lundstram as a 6.

play goal scorers as the two wide strikers.

we have 3 CDM’s basically every week.

Embarrassing.

Hand Jack the armband, drop Morelos, clearly disinterested and does not want to be there,  Patterson and Bassey need to start.  start bringing Bacuna into the fold more. 

attitudes need to change. hope Gio realises this quicky and sorts it, introduce pressing game and more attacking thro the middle, Hibs showed how easy it is to nullify us. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don't think there will be wholesale changes. However, any changes that are made, for us to move forward will most likely involve massive players.

Dropping your captain, vice captain, No. 1, and/or your main striker of the past few years is significant. Big players need to be left out IMO though.

I think it's easy for most of us to say Patterson for Tav or McCrorie for McGregor but it's still a massive decision to drop such senior figures. Goldson and Balogun are quite lucky we are short at centre half.

Bassey for Borna is an easy one but it's not enough.

The next few team selections are going to be fascinating.

10 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Pressing teams again would be a start. The defence is clearly our biggest issue just now so lets keep teams as far away from pur own goal as possible like last season!

We seem to have stopped doing it , yet we could see how uncomfortable our defence was when hibs harried them . 

Mind boggling . 

We need a fire sale, we need a keeper, 2 centre backs, a left back, a midfielder who can chip in with goal and a new no 9.

We will need to sell Kent, Kamara and Morelos. Thing is Morelos value has plummeted to the levels where we will get about 50 percent less than we could have this time last year. 

It's going to cost a fortune and I don't see us winning the league to make it happen. 

Its grim

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

He’ll adopt the style a bit but he’s not going to drop six or seven players like most people are calling for.

It's also completely unrealistic for him to do that!

I suspect he might get the best out of the squad again. 

As of tomorrow it's a fresh start and a new era, so on that basis the old guard are out and we start playing the future. 

McCrorie 

Patterson               Goldson        Balogun            Bassey

Jack               kamara/Bacuna 

Aribo/Hagi 

Wright                                                                                            Kent

Sakala 

Give Jack the armband with Patterson as vice captain, keep our wide players wide and tell our full backs to start overlapping creating space for the wingers to cut in if needed.

I'd listen to offers for anyone apart from Patterson, we need to keep him regardless. 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

We seem to have stopped doing it , yet we could see how uncomfortable our defence was when hibs harried them . 

Mind boggling . 

It really is. Also it seems obvious that if you press poorer techinical players that the likes of Hibs have they are more likely to make mistakes!

I'd prefer we abandoned the 4-3-3 altogether and found a system with Hagi behind a front two but that's not Gio's style. With the midfielders we have it's just to easy to play through us with a 4-3-3 and we lose control of the game when put under pressure or pressed. Even the bottom of the table dross in our league at times have us camped in our own half.