Goldson

GOAT

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I think that’s been totally misinterpreted by folk who never liked him.

I took it as a challenge to his teammates, rather than him saying he’d chucked it. 

That was definitely misinterpreted.

Not only from folk who never liked him but by the majority of the fan base at the time .People were hurting at the time .
At the time I didn’t necessarily see it as him saying that he or the team chucked it at half time .Former players were sticking the boot in too ,jumping the gun .

Of course that wonderful word hindsight comes into play and with the way he’s played the season out shows that has been a committed professional.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If the Club wants him but doesn't want to break the wage structure then if they let his contract expire, they can give him a fat signing on fee.  Same wages or a small uplift.  Sorted. :whistle:

This is an interesting new angle. I agree with this.

41 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If the Club wants him but doesn't want to break the wage structure then if they let his contract expire, they can give him a fat signing on fee.  Same wages or a small uplift.  Sorted. :whistle:

I thought the problem was meant to be his family wanted to go to England?

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Cunts that think he’s not good enough for the prem are fucking miles off it. Gerrard would take him at Villa for a start on a free. 

No he wouldnt, he's signing a 29 year okd centre back on a free transfer and it isn't Goldson 

It's time to move on. We'll have Souttar, Balagon, Katic and any potential new signings competing to play right CB next season.

Goldsons a good player, but he's far from irreplaceably.

We should be working on getting Morelos, Aribo and Kent on longer deals or selling them for decent fees and reinvesting in the squad.

14 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Richard Gough and especially Craig Moore made mistakes.

Do you really think a centre half can play an entire season without making mistakes? It is impossible. 

Connor Goldson does his job at about 95% efficiency yet some always see fault in him.

I'm not convinced he is away either.

No one will deny that any defender is infallible, but gough and moore never held us to ransom over wages, and when moore put the club second he was drummed out

In a big character aquad like this, allowing one person to dictate your wage policy is dangerous as the others will either follow suit lr fuck off if we dont say yes, either way it could be very harmful for us 

10 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

10 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

This is an interesting new angle. I agree with this.

Except we have kent, aribo, morelos at least all coming up to the end of their deals in a year, they see goldson doing this they'll want the same to extend this summer, could end up a chunk of gios transfer money being used to keep players happy

50 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Except we have kent, aribo, morelos at least all coming up to the end of their deals in a year, they see goldson doing this they'll want the same to extend this summer, could end up a chunk of gios transfer money being used to keep players happy

Fuck that 

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

:lol:

Nothing like making scenarios up 

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Isn't that what everyone is doing, no one has the first clue why goldson hasn't signed a new deal, everyone has made up scenarios from him wanting lundstram wage, to moving back south for family reasons 

Aye but you’ve made one up where players all demand more money and Gio has no transfer budget :lol:

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but you’ve made one up where players all demand more money and Gio has no transfer budget :lol:

Did i say no transfer budget? I certainly didnt say he didn't have transfer budget, you just made that up

And if you think other players won't demand more money, well thats up to you, 

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did i say no transfer budget? I certainly didnt say he didn't have transfer budget, you just made that up

And if you think other players won't demand more money, well thats up to you, 

You said a chunk of it which is still scaremongering shite 

I'm still blaming him for Europa, basic defending to cut a cross out going across your 6 yard box.

He'll be missed for the amount of games he can play and I'll hold him in high regard for 55, he was exceptional that season tbf.

Definitely replaceable tho

10 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I'm still blaming him for Europa, basic defending to cut a cross out going across your 6 yard box.

He'll be missed for the amount of games he can play and I'll hold him in high regard for 55, he was exceptional that season tbf.

Definitely replaceable tho

The mistake tipcal from him although it's not every week, he's been a very good performer over all but we should look to freshen up the defence now, there's worse out there but there will be better too, let's hope we get the right replacement.

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He'll end up at a cannon fodder premier league side. 

Which is really strange when you think about it. At 29 to go from dominating the ball 70-80% possession, ball playing CB to backs to the wall defending 90% of the time. 

Surely you’d just like to be at the top of the wage structure at us, win more trophies and potentially play CL football next season? I know most footballers look for money but he doesn’t seem the type to be leaving for money either. 

14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Which is really strange when you think about it. At 29 to go from dominating the ball 70-80% possession, ball playing CB to backs to the wall defending 90% of the time. 

Surely you’d just like to be at the top of the wage structure at us, win more trophies and potentially play CL football next season? I know most footballers look for money but he doesn’t seem the type to be leaving for money either. 

If he was moving to a big club then it would have been done by now so it's definitely strange that we're in this position of not knowing why. 

Has Gerrard leaving been a deciding factor? Do the players know of a cost cutting that the fans don't? 

I'm a bit disappointed that we gave him the opportunity and loyalty to resurrect his career, only for him to run his contract down when he could have made his intentions earlier so the club could've got some sort of fee if there was any interested parties. 

44 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

With blue tinted specs on.. absolutely. However for many of our players - they didn't grow up as a kids dreaming to play for Rangers or to win Scottish championships. Some have other aspirations and dreams.

In regards to it being about money or not - its absolutely is. Goldson likely wants to stay at Rangers - it's quite clear clear he has enjoyed his time in Glasgow. However he obviously feels our contract offer isn't inline with what he thinks he's worth. He's not prepared to sell himself short just to stay here(that could change). Whether we think he's worth it or not is irrelevant. 

Which is fair enough.. If it came to negotiating a payrise in your job - would you stay if you felt your contributions to the business were being undervalued? Would you look at your options too?