Goldson

GOAT

Has any premier League

43 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

If he was moving to a big club then it would have been done by now so it's definitely strange that we're in this position of not knowing why. 

Has Gerrard leaving been a deciding factor? Do the players know of a cost cutting that the fans don't? 

I'm a bit disappointed that we gave him the opportunity and loyalty to resurrect his career, only for him to run his contract down when he could have made his intentions earlier so the club could've got some sort of fee if there was any interested parties. 

Has any English premier league team ever came in for Goldson in the past?

34 minutes ago, Iakona said:

With blue tinted specs on.. absolutely. However for many of our players - they didn't grow up as a kids dreaming to play for Rangers or to win Scottish championships. Some have other aspirations and dreams.

In regards to it being about money or not - its absolutely is. Goldson likely wants to stay at Rangers - it's quite clear clear he has enjoyed his time in Glasgow. However he obviously feels our contract offer isn't inline with what he thinks he's worth. He's not prepared to sell himself short just to stay here(that could change). Whether we think he's worth it or not is irrelevant. 

Which is fair enough.. If it came to negotiating a payrise in your job - would you stay if you felt your contributions to the business were being undervalued? Would you look at your options too? 

Well aye that’s what am saying, he has to be aware of the league we play in. If it was me in my role just now I’d be happy with the top end of the money still in my current role, bearing in mind nothing is changing here he will still be our no1 CB and vice captain. 

I don’t think being the top earner or one of 4 in the dressing room speaks to him being undervalued in all honesty. I hope he sees it that way too, but clearly other clubs don’t otherwise he’d have been snapped up at any point in the past 5 months

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I do find it weird nobody has signed him yet or even announced a pre-contract. 

I’m assuming he was putting all that to the side and completely focused on both cup finals.  
distractions are the last thing he needed

professional tbh. 

20 hours ago, magic8ball said:

When Kamara signed his extension I heard Halliday on SSB talk about Goldson ,He said that he didn’t think an extension was going to be a problem,He was happy at the club and his family were settled here .He knows Goldson well from playing with him for 2 years .So you need to think ,What is the real truth here .Regarding stories about wanting back down south .

Perhaps if we could get a good sum for him we have a younger replacement with potential waiting in the wings? 

You're right about Halliday he said he still has Goldson on his phone so he probably knows him better than any of the media

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Still a very good chance of qualification through playoffs. He might want assurances about what the squad is going to look like etc come August 

Aye but he cant chose where he is going to be next season depending on whether or not we qualify for the Champions League

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Well aye that’s what am saying, he has to be aware of the league we play in. If it was me in my role just now I’d be happy with the top end of the money still in my current role, bearing in mind nothing is changing here he will still be our no1 CB and vice captain. 

I don’t think being the top earner or one of 4 in the dressing room speaks to him being undervalued in all honesty. I hope he sees it that way too, but clearly other clubs don’t otherwise he’d have been snapped up at any point in the past 5 months

The league we play in probably wont matter too much to him .Same with most of the guys we have .

Might sound fantastic to be playing for a Fulham or Crystal Palace in the EPL ,But how many are genuine big games for these clubs .

Up here he has 4 games against the taigs ,the away games against the sheep ,hearts and Hibs are big high pressure games .So that’s 10 league games .Add in 3 or 4 cup games and then add the 10 plus European games a season that he won’t be getting in England .

Playing up here for us gets downplayed too easily by many .

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Except we have kent, aribo, morelos at least all coming up to the end of their deals in a year, they see goldson doing this they'll want the same to extend this summer, could end up a chunk of gios transfer money being used to keep players happy

The difference is that the three you mentioned still have a year to go on their current contracts whereas Goldson can leave almost immediately.  He can already do a pre-contract which he clearly hasn't to date.  Why not??  Either he hasn't got a sniff from any of the clubs he would like or he still wants to play here.   If he leaves for nothing then we have to buy a replacement for £X millions.   If he stays and takes a signing on fee (spread over his contract duration) then we can move on without going on a search for a new player.  There is no need for any other player to find out about a signing-on fee.   

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

The league we play in probably wont matter too much to him .Same with most of the guys we have .

Might sound fantastic to be playing for a Fulham or Crystal Palace in the EPL ,But how many are genuine big games for these clubs .

Up here he has 4 games against the taigs ,the away games against the sheep ,hearts and Hibs are big high pressure games .So that’s 10 league games .Add in 3 or 4 cup games and then add the 10 plus European games a season that he won’t be getting in England .

Playing up here for us gets downplayed too easily by many .

I'm sure 2 games against Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs would make up for not playing away to the sheep on a Wednesday night.

10 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Aston Villa have hair paid Sevilla £29m for a 29 year old centre half, just in case anyone is still under any illusions that Goldson will be going there :lol:

Honestly don't rate Diego Carlos.

Pretty sure he has a pretty high % for being the player that conceded pens at Sevilla.

Playing in a top 5 league helps massively with fees.

25 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I'm sure 2 games against Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs would make up for not playing away to the sheep on a Wednesday night.

Makes up for that .But what about the rest 😃