Take a bow

hammer93

Kent, Aribo in patches and slightly behind them Hagi were all excellent too.

It's no surprise when we have 7 or 8 players getting the better of their direct opponent we look decent and come out well on top.

Possibly the first game this season we've had that many play that well.

I thought those three were exceptional but the entire team including the subs played their part in a famous win. So pleased for Gio getting off to a winning start in a difficult game.Also pleased for our fans after last Sundays shambles.

Hopefully we can kick on from here and provide more performances like tonight's in the weeks and months ahead.

All players plus points and a few scare moments but no doubting committment and hunger was there tonight. bassey stole show for me and proved ability to play centre back. Very honourable mention to goldson, Morelos and barisic. Folk think McGregor is finished but my lord, maybe only nine birds tonight

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The team was fine bar Davis can’t play in the two and the three behind the striker need to do a lot, lot more..

Aribo looked lost playing as the ten and his lack of confidence in front of goal is frightening.

Utter nonsense! Your hatred of Aribo is becoming cringy.

21 minutes ago, RobertN said:

Bassey was immense first half as well

He was, did see him thinking he was playing LB a couple of times (probably habit) but thought he was solid. Also thought Goldson was solid aswell. 

Tav has to pick form up a bit Imo, but they all looked far more committed and up for the fight :UK:

Seen Gios comments about Morelos after the game, and from what he said, he wants him in the box more rather than dropping deep. Old habits die hard but I think we may see him where we prefer him moving fwd. 

11 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

The whole demeanor and body language of the team looked totally different from previous week's, Barisic definitely looked lighter on his feet and there was certain zip back in the passes 

Barisic popped up on the oppositions byline tonight, ahead of the ball!

when was the last time that happened?

I thought Bassey was outstanding tonight as well.

Really hope Gio can get the old Alfie back and tonight was a good starting point. Honestly think he's got bored at the lack of service and his role in the team. Get him at CF and he'll hopefully kick on again as there is enough behind him to create goals without him needing to drop deep.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

I thought Bassey was outstanding tonight as well.

Really hope Gio can get the old Alfie back and tonight was a good starting point. Honestly think he's got bored at the lack of service and his role in the team. Get him at CF and he'll hopefully kick on again as there is enough behind him to create goals without him needing to drop deep.

That first goal he scored he took really well first time, and even the 2nd he still managed to direct the header away from the keeper. 

If he can get "being a striker" coached back into him again and cut out the social scene bullshit he will only get better, that will both benefit him, and us in the long run. He has the talent, but it's up to him. 

Thought he was really good tonight. 

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

That first goal he scored he took really well first time, and even the 2nd he still managed to direct the header away from the keeper. 

If he can get "being a striker" coached back into him again and cut out the social scene bullshit he will only get better, that will both benefit him, and us in the long run. He has the talent, but it's up to him. 

Thought he was really good tonight. 

This is his last chance to get the move he wants. If he gets back to being the El Buffalo we all love he'll get that move and we'll get the money we know he's worth.

Obviously after he fires us to the title this season though!

44 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I saw a little more edge to Barisic's game tonight. Especially defensively.

But you are right about the three you mentioned.

I thought Bassey and Barisic were superb at the back. Never seen either head the ball so often. Borna made a number of diving headers to clear the ball. 

Early days but can already see GvB is going to implement and exciting style. 

5 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

This is his last chance to get the move he wants. If he gets back to being the El Buffalo we all love he'll get that move and we'll get the money we know he's worth.

Obviously after he fires us to the title this season though!

There is nothing better I would like to see than Buff banging in the goals, then he gets the move he wants, we get the money we want, and I'll always look out to see how well he does. 

Sometimes he looks like a league 2 player, other times he's cream of the crop in Europe. Bit of an Enigma, but I love his all action style when he's "on it" 

6 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

There is nothing better I would like to see than Buff banging in the goals, then he gets the move he wants, we get the money we want, and I'll always look out to see how well he does. 

Sometimes he looks like a league 2 player, other times he's cream of the crop in Europe. Bit of an Enigma, but I love his all action style when he's "on it" 

Agreed! I really hope Gio and the new coaches give our whole team the spark they've been missing!

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The team was fine bar Davis can’t play in the two and the three behind the striker need to do a lot, lot more..

Aribo looked lost playing as the ten and his lack of confidence in front of goal is frightening.

Didn’t look lost at all just didn’t have his shooting boots on.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree with Davis, didn’t think he played badly but he can’t cover the ground in that system 1st half in particular their width caused us issues.

I liked Aribo in that position as was more involved but he needs to be more selfish and clinical.

Out of possession the system needs some tweaking but good, solid start from GvB and the new coaches 

Just now, ayro said:

Agree with Davis, didn’t think he played badly but he can’t cover the ground in that system 1st half in particular their width caused us issues.

I liked Aribo in that position as was more involved but he needs to be more selfish and clinical.

Out of possession the system needs some tweaking but good, solid start from GvB and the new coaches 

They're just getting started...if this is how they are picking up after a couple of training sessions, it can only get better, surely 😊