SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Why anyone thinks going with this break will allow full stadiums in 3 weeks time is beyond me fucking mongo bastards 

Pretty sure they all know, like every single one of us knows, stadiums won't be full after a 3 week break.

All because they have glass hamstrings.

33 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

SPFL advising clubs that playing with full capacity stadia in January is not going to happen.

So there is no reason to bring forward the break then surely?

Play on as planned and get back fans when we can would seem the best option to me. 

If they bring forward the winter break, it will be by a week. That means the restart after the break should also come forward a week with cup games around the 13th Jan and league games starting on the 19th. The games should then be played in the same order. My concern is that they will start winter break a week early but return at normal date with the 3 games deferred to later on tge season creating a fixture backlog. 

Surely if you take away the individual benefits for each club the common sense approach is to play the games just now no? 

There’s absolutely no chance that postponing for 3 weeks allows fans to be in so makes it pointless. If you are indeed doing it to ensure fans are present then the games need rescheduled & trying to find space for at the very least 3 games isn’t feasible! 

Surely the only logical way to do this is to play the games?

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

Still nothing from the club? It’s utterly baffling 

I assume they are in discussion with SPFL privately rather than going public. We are the team with most to lose if it changes. We either end up having to play Aberdeen and the tarriers away without 3 key players due to AFCON or we end up with a fixture backlog. 

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

I assume they are in discussion with SPFL privately rather than going public. We are the team with most to lose if it changes. We either end up having to play Aberdeen and the tarriers away without 3 key players due to AFCON or we end up with a fixture backlog. 

We as the fans deserve to know what stance our club is taking. A statement is the least they could do. 

4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Scenes in 3 weeks when we ask the SPFL to postpone 6 games due to the 3 players being at AFCON and put the league into complete chaos!! 

When the SPFL conveniently change the rules on the 3 player absence cancellation to “ensure the league can be finished on time and to uphold the integrity of the league”. Hmmm mmmm