Gio

I’m not sure what else he can improve when you go through the list. The only one he could get more out of is Aribo considering his massive drop in form. 

McGregor and Arfield are done.

Goldson has concentration issues.

Balogun/Helander/Jack/Davis are injured constantly. Barisic has lost the plot. 

Bassey, Morelos, Lundstrum and Tav have all improved with Lowry getting game time. Kent is as inconsistent as ever and Kamara has mentally checked out all season. 

People on this forum are quick to say everyone else not mentioned aren’t good enough so why should the manager play them then? Sakala, Itten, Wright, Diallo…

The only position we have a player ready to play is probably GK.

If we get anything out of this season I'll be happy and surprised. Morelos playing well and some excellent players in fits and starts. Massive injury problems all season and we are not the team we should be without Jack, Hellander, and other in-form players like Tav.  If McGregor, Barsic, Balogun, Goldson, Kamara, Davis and the rest have any kind of dip we struggle. Too many players not being their best. January business was embarrassing. I didn't see the point in Ramsey or the kid Diallo. Nothing is "free" in this world. We are lucky to have Gio it seems to me. He doesn't trust his subs and neither would we. I blame those players for dropping so many points ( too many to be believed sometimes). If we win this league it'll be amazing and miraculous. celtic are there for the taking but we shouldn't even be in this position. They struggled and fluked a win last night. Humiliated in Europe (several times). They just aren't very good. Our players need to have a word with themselves. If our injuries clear we might just make something of these last games. 

11 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

I didnt feel we needed change , is one of the most ridiculous conclusions any of our managers have made watching that. Hes not going to be here long.

Think folk have lost sight that English isn’t his first language. 

Had he said ‘we had to dig deep in what was a  challenging pitch  against a team fighting to retain their position in the league’ we’d all be going ‘yep, we have to win ugly sometimes, that’s what wins championships’.

But he said it was all about surviving, and we’re questioning his attitude and character. .

Mental.

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

at the moment

I think this is the key part of my last statement as I've always been a big fan of Gio, player and manager and wanted us to try sign him when others were calling for the likes of the Laudrups or the de Boer's.

Last night was just an extreme example of fatigue clearly effecting players form an I dont think I am alone in being concerned that if the gaffer continues with this policy that it can only end badly for The Rangers.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m not sure what else he can improve when you go through the list. The only one he could get more out of is Aribo considering his massive drop in form. 

McGregor and Arfield are done.

Goldson has concentration issues.

Balogun/Helander/Jack/Davis are injured constantly. Barisic has lost the plot. 

Bassey, Morelos, Lundstrum and Tav have all improved with Lowry getting game time. Kent is as inconsistent as ever and Kamara has mentally checked out all season. 

People on this forum are quick to say everyone else not mentioned aren’t good enough so why should the manager play them then? Sakala, Itten, Wright, Diallo…

The only position we have a player ready to play is probably GK.

Roofe, Barisic, Sakala, Davis, Wright & Lowry are all players who we could bring on who would at worst ‘do a job’ and at best ‘change a game’ regardless of their struggles or indifferent form this season.

Gio might not trust his squad but if he flat out refuses to even try and use what he has available to him then when are going to flame out, drop daft points and whimper over the line because guys like Arfield and Aribo look fucked.

51 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Really bizarre that he made no substitutes when everyone of us could see the players were dying on their feet. Doesn't make sense to me.

Doesn't trust those on the bench last night to do the same job as those fucked on the pitch.

With some players you can agree, but you can't tell me Lowry couldn't do a better job than Arfield in that second half or Sakala with Aribo.

He's got issues he is creating himself.

6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m usually extremely pessimistic, I still think it might be a stretch to far to win the league but we have been incredibly unlucky the past couple of weeks. Dundee Utd away was a combination of poor finishing, not getting the break of the ball. Last week is purely down to individual errors, that is something the manager simply can’t plan for. We again had more than enough chances to bury that game as well. 

He can plan for Lundstram getting absolutely done for pace at the back.  Unless he was injured then having Balogun on the bench and replaced with a centre mid with a lack of pace that game is close to inexcusable tbh. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Roofe, Barisic, Sakala, Davis, Wright & Lowry are all players who we could bring on who would at worst ‘do a job’ and at best ‘change a game’ regardless of their struggles or indifferent form this season.

Gio might not trust his squad but if he flat out refuses to even try and use what he has available to him then when are going to flame out, drop daft points and whimper over the line because guys like Arfield and Aribo look fucked.

Roofe would’ve got injured on that park.

Barisic has lost the plot and can’t be trusted to even do the basics

Sakala puts his head down and runs, he’d have lost the ball more times than control it on that park

Davis I get, but again he’s not played in 3 month. 

Wright may have come on and probably would’ve made no difference. 

Lowry is never making it onto any game in the run in unless its a 3-0 job. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Roofe would’ve got injured on that park.

Barisic has lost the plot and can’t be trusted to even do the basics

Sakala puts his head down and runs, he’d have lost the ball more times than control it on that park

Davis I get, but again he’s not played in 3 month. 

Wright may have come on and probably would’ve made no difference. 

Lowry is never making it onto any game in the run in unless its a 3-0 job. 

Sakala / Wright could easily have came on for Kent 2nd half. Or for Arfield. Both fucked and contributed minimal.

It's foolish to get so little out players and not make changes, then rely on fucked players next game. 

9 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Got to admit, part of me wonders what things would have been like had social media existed in Walter's first spell, or if it had been this pervasive during his 2nd.

There were numerous seasons where we dropped silly points, underperformed most of the season (93/94 anyone?), saw crippling disappointments (Europe the 1st spell in particular), lost to celtic in a poor way, and were chasing or otherwise looking like we might lose the title leading up to the end of the season.

Gio's stint has been a bit Jekyll and Hyde since the winter break but it's bizarre to write him off this early. The time to judge him is at the end of the season. If we don't win a thing then it might be clear he isn't the right person, but until then he needs time and support.

Don’t think we can judge till he gets players in he actually wants and is backed in the transfer market 

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If the last two sundays, madden, goldson, tav and mcgregor do their fucking jobs we are top of the league by a point, absolutely nothing to do with gios tactics, systems or subs

He has been unlucky like you said, yet people on here claiming he is a disaster domestically etc

There was absolutely nothing unlucky about Aberdeen, Ross County or celtic.

Granted he’s turned it around somewhat since then but all three were disgusting performances with results that came about as a direct result of his overly negative tactics, and they see the games that wiped our lead out.

27 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There was absolutely nothing unlucky about Aberdeen, Ross County or celtic.

Granted he’s turned it around somewhat since then but all three were disgusting performances with results that came about as a direct result of his overly negative tactics, and they see the games that wiped our lead out.

Aberdeen and them 100%, Ross County we battered them in the 2nd half and individual errors cost us. Not saying it was unlucky but don't think it was Gio's fault.

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Aberdeen and them 100%, Ross County we battered them in the 2nd half and individual errors cost us. Not saying it was unlucky but don't think it was Gio's fault.

Apparently your keeper selling two is the managers fault, 

Do you think gio would get praise if mcgregor made a wonder save to get us the win 😂