Old Firm In Australia…

13 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Not by us and we don’t call the old firm game the Glasgow derby either, nevertheless there are plenty of Rangers supporters want to give them the Broomloan stand. I’m far more against that than playing them in a 4 team tournament in Australia, something that doesn’t really matter to me.

Who is actually saying anything about Rangers giving them the full broomloan? 

all folk have mentioned that I have noticed on this site is giving them a slight increase in the corner they already get as long as it meant we would also get an increase down at parkhead . It is nothing to do with this and a completely different debate to our club actively chumming up with Celtic and agreeing to friendly match and money spinners with them. 

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Other than the cheque we get for playing, I don't particularly see what the 'commercial value' is to playing in a half-empty stadium to a ground full of British ex-pats who mostly support Rangers or celtic anyway. Hardly going to draw a huge new audience to us.

That’s it no one outside of ex-pats that are interested you might get a few locals who are intrigued but not going to make any difference to us in the long run.

Its during a break for the first ever winter World Cup where are the focus of the world will be on that.

And if Scotland somehow manage to qualify it’ll be further down the list.

An 8 day trip mid season to Australia is a complete waste of time for everyone.

Petition just passed 700.

If you haven’t yet done so, get it signed.

The reasons why we should have nothing to do with this have all been said above but I would not be surprised to hear that the board have offered David Goodwillie a contract for next season, such is their complete lack of awareness of the views of the people who pay their wages.

What if instead of going on a jolly with them, our club made a statement in support of the victims and families of victims who have been silenced for years by that club. Court proceeding ongoing and we’re helping them sweep it under the rug. 

shocking from our club. 

Playing a friendly against the club who recently came away with these statements

'Director Brian Wilson apologised at Celtic's AGM for writing that Rangers were "punished with demotion" in an obituary to Walter Smith.

Asked about his obituary comments from the floor of the Celtic Park AGM, the former Labour minister said: "It was an error on my part. I apologised for it and corrected it immediately it was bought to my attention.

"In mitigation, I can only say it was an obituary I was writing.'

'The Celtic board were asked why the Old Firm trademark had been renewed and acting chief executive Michael Nicholson replied: "The cost of the deal was low and the purpose was not to hitch ourselves to a brand but to control and prevent its misuse.'

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

That’s it no one outside of ex-pats that are interested you might get a few locals who are intrigued but not going to make any difference to us in the long run.

Its during a break for the first ever winter World Cup where are the focus of the world will be on that.

And if Scotland somehow manage to qualify it’ll be further down the list.

An 8 day trip mid season to Australia is a complete waste of time for everyone.

You'll get a little bump because of Postecoglou but he's not selling out 84k tickets.

No one does own goals like Glasgow Rangers… deary fucking me!!

Of all days to announce this. the day after a judge says a class action suit can be raised against celtic, we step in and take the headlines away from what should be about their sordid history. Fucking beeling man. Robertson has no idea and needs to go imo! 

Of all the goodwill the board have built up, we buy every piece of tat going, this is a major shotgun blast to the foot. Fucking Australia? Of all the places to sell it to? We are playing the fucking support act for the mob who won't acknowledge what they are selling. What are we doing on our 150th anniversary year, Arsenal, Real Madrid, a legends game aww and we are going to play our part in diluting our biggest game for some coin. The tims are raging as well but at least they can sell it. We are a sideshow. There's been alot of forgiving over the last few years over big mistakes, this could be seriously bad for them.

16 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Haven't seen anyone want to give them the entire broomloan tbh, really weird deflection/comparison.

I’ve read plenty of people saying it all over social media, apparently they think it will improve the atmosphere.

So basically don’t play a vile club that cover up child rapists ( true ) but at the same time  let more of their fans who celebrate IRA murderers into Ibrox.

Its not a deflection in any way considering the overwhelming amount of fans that don’t want to go because of the vile club we play a minimum of 4 games against per season will be there.

I accept my view is very much in the minority but nevertheless it is my view.

16 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Who is actually saying anything about Rangers giving them the full broomloan? 

all folk have mentioned that I have noticed on this site is giving them a slight increase in the corner they already get as long as it meant we would also get an increase down at parkhead . It is nothing to do with this and a completely different debate to our club actively chumming up with Celtic and agreeing to friendly match and money spinners with them. 

I’ve read plenty of comments stating give them the Broomloan again, I wouldn’t give them any.

Just surprised at reaction towards both topics.

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Petition just passed 700.

If you haven’t yet done so, get it signed.

The reasons why we should have nothing to do with this have all been said above but I would not be surprised to hear that the board have offered David Goodwillie a contract for next season, such is their complete lack of awareness of the views of the people who pay their wages.

Do you have a link mate, not seen that yet. Ta.

The board have slowly but surely been making an arse of things over the last few months, baffling decisions that show they are completely out of touch with the fanbase, this tops it.

They must've known there would be a backlash & to release it today after all the shit with them yesterday is disrespectful and a fucking joke. Feeling right now is I think they'll backtrack, there is 8 months to go before the fixture & if any protests come they'll change their mind. Also if the tarriers win the league I can't see any world where we go to Australia for essentially an Ange title party. 

Surprising thing is I didn't think GVB, when we hired him, would be a mouthpiece for the board, his 'comments' (if they are really his) are poor from a guy who we all thought understood the club.

57 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m convinced the board see this as a way of building a stronger relationship with the celtic board than anything else

They're that far out of touch

Robertson will be meeting them at Old Firms asking how their families and friends are doing, complimenting them on their recent success, before leaving while they laugh at him behind his back

He’s an absolute weakling and Bisgrove is a modern football rat

Absolutely. With the exception of that rugby bloke who got binned after a few weeks, every high level employee the tarriers bring in is a lifelong rabid, despises us to their core and treat Rangers with absolute contempt. We on the other hand have a bunch of mealy mouthed wet blankets who's main focus seems to be quiet appeasement and trying to make friends with them.

13 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I’ve read plenty of comments stating give them the Broomloan again, I wouldn’t give them any.

Just surprised at reaction towards both topics.

No one on the topics you are referring to suggested giving them the full Broomloan . Some made points that we could give them a couple of sections next to the corner they are already in as long as the increased allocation was returned down there and none of our season ticket holders were left without a ticket. 

But this is a different topic and different debate entirely which their is already threads on.