Europa Money.

On 10/03/2022 at 22:21, The Godfather said:

We must have made a fair chuck so far getting through the groups, Dortmund and fingers crossed the last 16 into the quarters. Especially with the full houses after last seasons covid crowds. 

I know it's small change compared to CL money but we will need every penny come the summer. 

Good post but you missed the semi final and final fingers crossed :rangers:

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We have made over £10m in prize money alone.

The TV market share will be pretty decent as well. Higher than prize money as well.

Add in ticket sales etc should be £30m+ already.

For the EL? No chance will it be in excess of the prize money when we need to split it with Celtic. The Scottish market share a couple of years ago (2018/19) was worth a total of around 3.5m Euros (2.4m to Celtic, 1.1m to us) and in 2019/20 it was worth 3.3m Euros across both clubs.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

For the EL? No chance will it be in excess of the prize money when we need to split it with Celtic. The Scottish market share a couple of years ago (2018/19) was worth a total of around 3.5m Euros (2.4m to Celtic, 1.1m to us) and in 2019/20 it was worth 3.3m Euros across both clubs.

Here's the 2019/20 payouts:

image.thumb.png.561d64143fdf39ef16c4446b08f01109.pngimage.thumb.png.9038a406696588c95d876adacb85c47d.png

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Don't forget winning the tournament gets us into the CL 

And will put Savco into the play-offs, assuming they win the league. That will piss them off massively, especially if they failed to reach the groups stage as a result. Plus shit loads of money to us, and pennies to them. Christ, winning this would be huge!

2 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

And will put Savco into the play-offs, assuming they win the league. That will piss them off massively, especially if they failed to reach the groups stage as a result. Plus shit loads of money to us, and pennies to them. Christ, winning this would be huge!

No it won't. They'll still qualify for the groups automatically if we win the EL (assuming Vilarreal dont win the CL).

16 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Where would our CL qualifying place go to in that instance? Presumably not the 3rd place team in the SPFL.

Teams will be shuffled around earlier in the draw with byes in the earlier qualifying rounds to account for it or a qualifier from another contry gets bumped up. It's almost certainly what will happen with the Russian teams if they remain banned too. Rather than adding X 'new' teams to replace them, they reshuffle the early rounds and adjust the number of fixtures/teams getting a bye.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

That one sentence should have been removed from my post, I blame Covid.

Still around about the £30m mark as my post stated as the 'higher figure above the revenue' includes tv share, ticket sales, coefficient revenue etc. We made £21m for 19/20 for just making the last 16.

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That one sentence should have been removed from my post, I blame Covid.

Still around about the £30m mark as my post stated as the 'higher figure above the revenue' includes tv share, ticket sales, coefficient revenue etc. We made £21m for 19/20 for just making the last 16.

We made 9m from UEFA (covering ALL UEFA  payments for TV, coefficient, prize money) . Not sure if I'm buying that we made 12m on ticket sales from 19/20. And if we did, it kinda pisses all over the justification for whoring ourself out for Ange fest. 

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We made 9m from UEFA (covering ALL UEFA  payments for TV, coefficient, prize money) . Not sure if I'm buying that we made 12m on ticket sales from 19/20. And if we did, it kinda pisses all over the justification for whoring ourself out for Ange fest. 

9 home games that season. 12m at 50k ticket sales is average £26.67 a ticket. Seems reasonable to me.

5 hours ago, ZZed said:

So...unless I'm missing something (very possible admittedly!), this seasons £25 million haul only leaves us £5 million short of the mythical £30 million Chsmpions League bounty figure so regukarly quoted. So much for the "£30 million blown" narrative following Malmo ...and for next season no matter what happens in relation to CL qualification.