Bassey

beararse

The amount of Clubs he's currently being linked with, both English and elsewhere. Just reading there West Ham have apparently already made contact with us about him :lol:. I know, i know, people speculating and whatever, but undoubtedly there is interest, he's 22 and been immense on the European stage at a high level.  

Thank fuck we have him contracted to 2024 and he also seems to love it here. It'll take  someone a right few quid to get him. 

Just now, falkirkNS said:

Thats jist to starts talks, hes capable or going to spain or germany.

He could play anywhere to be honest, his sheer determination is what hooked me more so last pre season, I seen what was coming.

Definitely mate, guy is unreal 

3 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

At the risk of being accused of getting carried away, I reckon that at least one of the obscenely rich EPL clubs would be willing to part with that ridiculously high level of money for that young mans contract. We should also ensure a 10% sell on clause in any future transfers.

I’ve got a feeling Newcastle will come in with a huge offer at some point.

39 minutes ago, aird said:

What’s incredible about that clip is that he executes those moves at an incredible speed whilst also dealing with physical challenges. Made me yell in disbelief when he did it. 

He is one of the most exciting left backs I have ever watched. Has me on the edge of my seat whenever he gets the ball or starts a run. That cross for Diallo’s header was sensational.

He’s an absolute joy to watch.

Usually when Scotland based players are linked with English teams all their arrogant fans immediately dismiss it and claim they will never be good enough.

But every English team fan forum / twitter seems to think he’s a great player and would love to sign him.

That says it all, we need to add another few years to his contract and if we do sell him we should be looking for £25 to £30 Million plus a sell on.

The boy has all the attributes to go to the very top of the game if he keeps progressing the way he has been, I’m not saying he’s world class just yet but his last two performances in a Rangers jersey absolutely have been world class.

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Scary the amount of progress he has made .He’s Gerrard’s version of Morelos .A young guy brought into the squad as a developer.Circumstances gave him chances before it was intended and boy did he take the chance .

The improvement again under Gio has been unbelievable.Even at the turn of the year he was seen by most as a squad player .👏👏

Think it's far more staggering than that. Morelos had his issues early on but was far and away our best striker. Bassey looked horrendous in his first season. Fast forward to now and Bassey looks a genuine top level player who could play at the top of any league. The transformation is unbelievable. 

5 minutes ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Think it's far more staggering than that. Morelos had his issues early on but was far and away our best striker. Bassey looked horrendous in his first season. Fast forward to now and Bassey looks a genuine top level player who could play at the top of any league. The transformation is unbelievable. 

Nah Bassey has never been horrendous, even last season some of us could see his raw attributes power, pace, stamina, strength & a little bit of skill.

Part of it was to do with Borna being so good last season when Bassey did make an appearance people just wanted Borna back and prematurely labelled Bassey as not good enough and had that opinion stuck in their head for ages. It’s taken deep into this season for some people to admit how good he actually is.

Of course he was nowhere near as good last year as he is now and I don’t disagree with your overall sentiment but can’t agree that he’s ever been horrendous.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Nah Bassey has never been dreadful, even last season some of us could see his raw attributes power, pace, stamina, strength & a little bit of skill.

Part of it was to do with Borna being so good last season when Bassey did make an appearance people just wanted Borna back and prematurely labelled Bassey as not good enough and had that opinion stuck in their head for ages. It’s taken deep into this season for some people to admit how good he actually is.

Of course he was nowhere near as good last year as he is now and I don’t disagree with your overall sentiment but can’t agree that he’s ever been dreadful.

You could be right, didnt consider the impact Borna could have when assessing Bassey. I genuinely dreaded seeing him come on, but probably the Borna factor. Even so, to excel as he has at LB and CB (out of necessity) is truly remarkable. 

He's still young af learning his trade. Scary to think how much he could still develop. Even if he doesn't develop more (doubtful he won't), what a player he has already become. 

Not sure if it was on FF or here but I said last season that boy could play anywhere in the team with his close control and strength. People took the piss out me but I still believe he could fit into midfield or even up front.

When you've got that much body strength, fitness, pace and control, playing for England could have been an option for him