Bassey

beararse

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Sell Bassey for 15 - 20 million, bring in Kipre and sign Senderos on a year's deal again as a replacement. Stellar business.

That young lad Consadine is available on a free after leaving Aberdeen. Maybe the sweaty midget can work some magic there. He'll need to be fast though in case Man City or Barcelona are in the chase.

I'd hope Fulham are told in no uncertain terms that they are unwelcome to submit any further bids if that £3.5m offer is true. In fact, I'd send a shite in a parcel to their head office with 'No' in response to that bid. Cheeky fuckers.

£20m has to be the absolute minimum given we're not desperate to sell, 2 years left on his contract, he's 22, MoM in European final, Goldson is away etc etc.

Maybe a bit less with good add-ons.

We should find out where that party was held during Covid that our players were punished for.

Patterson and Bassey were both there and it’s clearly where we should be sending all our youngsters.

:pipe:

PS - Absolute minimum for a 22 year old full internationalist with a MOTM performance in a European final is £25m. Get real or GTF.

Bassey is my player of the year.

When we started the season, in my opinion, we looked like a team stuck in first gear....this has continued to reappear with regularity throughout the season; by saying this I mean that in the previous season there was a solid defense, a high fast press, tight triangles in link up play, some really nice passing play strung together; this season in theory would have took that and built upon it, refined it, been better at it (especially with losing no players you'd expect they'd kick on with the mounting experience). It never felt like it though from the very start. Several of our stars seemed out of sorts for months if not more.

Bassey from the very start of the season on the other hand looked like one of the few that had hit the ground running in terms of work rate and desire.

Chucked in at CB he looked makeshift with a bomb-scare moment in him that would see us concede BUT look at what he's done over the course, from filling holes when asked with pure work rate, to battering fuck through left wing like a train clearing snow to cross for big goals on the left wing at the highest stage, looking more and more like a reliable starter somewhere at center/left.

He's gave us something for the whole season and most simply haven't!

To see him all but cap this season off with a top performance in a European final at 22 shows just how far he's come and where he's heading.

He had a bomb-scare moment in that final and we watched him fall awkwardly with the ball, get back up, and chase down a frankfurt player who snatched and ran with the ball at full pelt the second he fell, an ending in an Amoruso-esque sliding challenge to snuff out the danger.

He's been instrumental to taking us to a European final, looking stand-out in that final, and look at the number of games he's played not only in this season but in good European results since he started featuring.

The boy has become a man and we either have to acknowledge this with a deal or get the right price for him. He's our highest value asset at this moment.

A tank that can run like a train who has an end-ball, can do a job left of Center, defends well, and works hard all game and will try his damndest to make up for his short falls. Now he's even starting to snuff people out in the air. 

I could go round in circles here and miss little things but he has brought something to the table all season and looked bang on at the highest table we sat at in our 2nd to last game of the season (after 60 odd games).

Player of the year! (I know some will think Tav but put it like this, I expect a Rangers Captain to be a top player and while he's stepped up in his time with us, he hasn't grown so rapidly nor does he have the same potential - he's been top but his limitations are more fixed and he's got a mile of experience more in the locker.)

1 hour ago, Ted E Bayer said:

I’ve absolutely no doubt we will sell Bassey for considerably less that he’s truly worth.

For once that should not be the case because he's excelled in a European tournament all the way to the final ... we unusually have to except that our players haven't proved themselves at the highest level but that certainly isn't the case with Bassey