The reasons we have fallen behind

r.scott93

There's plenty of blame that needs to be handed out - GvB, the board and the players. 

Ultimately it's Gio's job to get results and we just aren't doing it enough. A great start is the reason he hasn't been chased already. If he can't fix this for next season we will be 10-15 behind by Christmas. 

Today that Starfelt cunt did what he always does and sliced every ball, shanked every pass and constantly fouled. We then left him alone for the rest of the game. I don't get why we aren't identifying weakness and exploiting it. Instead we saw how well they were dealing with shit crosses and thought we'd keep trying that instead. 

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

The biggest issue is that we don't have a core of players who are winners by nature or mentality. 

I think this the crux. 

I go through both teams and man for man I don’t think theirs  is better.

But there’s something missing in our mentality. A lack of killer instinct or something like it. The team do try but they just don’t seem to have any fight.

I can’t believe the amount of ridicule this team has taken  from Them over the years and they still don’t hate them. My hypothesis on the post-Christmas collapses is due to that mentality problem and thinking they’ve redeemed themselves because they’ve won the Christmas OF and/or are sitting top of the league.

14 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Dillusional at best mate. Bar 1 or 2 players their stating 11 is better than ours and that's before we look at subs. It says a lot when either of their full backs scores more goals than our most expensive forward in what 20 years or so. 

I get the whole staunchness but realistically ability and mentality wise we are way behind them

Nonsense, yesterday was not our day but both their goals were avoidable and lucky in equal measures. Before a ball was kicked yesterday I was very happy with our team and only Jota and McGregor would have been in my team.

Hart is average at best.

Juranavic was criminaly at fault for our goal and could have lost a second by losing Kent twice in first five.

Taylor is nothing more than steady. 

Starfelt is a fanny.

CV is a strong boy but too small.

Hitatai was very poor and lazy.

Rogic is a class player but always injured and can't last a game.

Maida is a duracell bunny but no real composure ,had a good game yesterday but more to do with graft than craft.

Giacomacas a nuisance at best. 

We're all hurting but your 2/11 analysis is the definition of hyperbole and delusion .

4 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Nonsense, yesterday was not our day but both their goals were avoidable and lucky in equal measures. Before a ball was kicked yesterday I was very happy with our team and only Jota and McGregor would have been in my team.

Hart is average at best.

Juranavic was criminaly at fault for our goal and could have lost a second by losing Kent twice in first five.

Taylor is nothing more than steady. 

Starfelt is a fanny.

CV is a strong boy but too small.

Hitatai was very poor and lazy.

Rogic is a class player but always injured and can't last a game.

Maida is a duracell bunny but no real composure ,had a good game yesterday but more to do with graft than craft.

Giacomacas a nuisance at best. 

We're all hurting but your 2/11 analysis is the definition of hyperbole and delusion .

This is madness , all these comments on them and all their players being shite. Right now they are better than us and so is their manager. We have just handed them over £40m plus and they will now be out of sight for years because we are now going to have to sell to balance the books.

We have a hard core of utter shitebag gutless bastards running right through our squad and they have been at the heart of every fuck up in all tournaments for 4 years now. That backline  apart from Bassey have all got to go including the keeper. Aribo and Kent are just serial failures and will never make it in England either. 

How the fuck we are ever going to get folk to buy any of them is another story

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

This is madness , all these comments on them and all their players being shite. Right now they are better than us and so is their manager. We have just handed them over £40m plus and they will now be out of sight for years because we are now going to have to sell to balance the books.

We have a hard core of utter shitebag gutless bastards running right through our squad and they have been at the heart of every fuck up in all tournaments for 4 years now. That backline  apart from Bassey have all got to go including the keeper. Aribo and Kent are just serial failures and will never make it in England either. 

How the fuck we are ever going to get folk to buy any of them is another story

This great tim team were embarrassingly knocked out of EVERY European competition bar the song contest so I'll sit out the adulation for them. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Totally agree , so why then do they not need to get out of second gear to beat us ?

We beat ourselves yesterday , both goals were calamities and totally avoidable. After that talented players shrunk under pressure sadly. 

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

We beat ourselves yesterday , both goals were calamities and totally avoidable. After that talented players shrunk under pressure sadly. 

Same reasons for all of our fuck ups then. Aribo Kent McGregor Goldson Tavernier are the ones behind every fuck up over the last 4 years. They are serial losers and none of them will ever be winners of anything. This rot wont go away till they are all out of the club.

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I still think our team is the better team on paper.

We just seem to lack cohesion for whatever reason.

I thought that till recently but they are the the ones showing consistency and scoring goals. They’ve turned up yesterday, hardly played well and apart from the first few mins have eased to a win. 
It was our home game, our last chance and they’ve probably had harder games against the likes of Livingston. I really fear for the next few seasons - can’t see anything other than them dominating again - that’s just the reality of us handing them the title and CL cash 

50 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

This great tim team were embarrassingly knocked out of EVERY European competition bar the song contest so I'll sit out the adulation for them. 

Completely get that but they are improving all the time while we stumble from farce to farce. They are building a decent squad while we will be scrabbling trying to get as much cash as possible for a load of our shitebags

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

Suggests they have their priorities right.

We’re prioritising short term gain over long term pain.

We should have worked on wrapping up the title, with any Euro progress a bonus.

Then looked forward to the guaranteed CL kitty next term.

53 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Suggests they have their priorities right.

We’re prioritising short term gain over long term pain.

We should have worked on wrapping up the title, with any Euro progress a bonus.

Then looked forward to the guaranteed CL kitty next term.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but how do you go about prioritising the league anyway.  Do you tell the fans don't travel in Europe we're putting out our B team, do you ask the fans to pay £45 quid v Dortmund but don't try a leg , do you tell the players the big stage is not for us this season. We could have done all of the above and still lost the league. 

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I still think our team is the better team on paper.

We just seem to lack cohesion for whatever reason.

The mhanks said exactly the same thing.. we went and won the league. Now you are saying we have the better team yet we are behind and on course to lose the league. Funny old game. 

12 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but how do you go about prioritising the league anyway.  Do you tell the fans don't travel in Europe we're putting out our B team, do you ask the fans to pay £45 quid v Dortmund but don't try a leg , do you tell the players the big stage is not for us this season. We could have done all of the above and still lost the league. 

Fans have travelled in Europe and been disappointed by Rangers teams forever.

The mantra from the club over those decades has always been ‘the league is our priority’.

It seems something has flipped & whatever way you dress it up, they haven’t had enough about them to discharge their league duties properly.

And kudos to the guys who travel far & wide, but frankly, I’d rather 49,300 Bears had gone home happy yesterday, than a few hundred/ thousand get the benefit of a good result overseas.

And, of course, much will be forgiven if this lot go all the way & get automatic CL football by that route!

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

The mantra from the club over those decades has always been ‘the league is our priority’.

Nonsense, we lost ten in a row on the back of announcing Walter Smith to leave at end of season due to being knocked out of Europe twice in a month. And sadly we earned celtic their £40M pot of gold by excelling in Europe , not the backwater spfl.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Nonsense, we lost ten in a row on the back of announcing Walter Smith to leave at end of season due to being knocked out of Europe twice in a month. 

Another team that was allowed to die with it’s boots on…

21 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You invest when you're winning. You don't spend zero whilst your only competitor spends 25m.