***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

4 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

It’s a critical opinion and it’s my one issue from an otherwise solid performance all round.

Just noticed two of there players very close in front of Allan (maybe offside) and that would also have made it even more difficult.

Anyway I believe we can still do it but will have to be careful not to lose a goal. Ibrox will certainly be rocking next Thursday.

Down to the bare bones and running on empty. Aribo through the middle was the shout and I was amazed that's not what we started with. 

Ow to have Morelos fit. 

Squad depth and the bench is sorely lacking.. 

I am hopefully for the second leg and we are still very much in this. 

Done all we could to set it up. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Actually think we looked comfortable and were dealing with them well mate. Every time Dortmund and Leverkusen came forward my heart was in my mouth and that's what I expected tonight but tonight i felt we starved them a bit.

It's a strange one mate, Dortmund definitely looked more dangerous, but Leipzig had 3 better chances.

Although tbf first one Borna got caught out with the flight of the ball, Lundstram dived in for the open goal miss and Bassey was caught out for the free header(McGregor should have been out)

Think they will be more dangerous on the counter attack next week, we need to be very good defensively.

Hoping their game on Monday night impacts them.

8 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Always a chance of a decent strike beating us when you sit so deep but we are still in the game although we will have to improve to get the result we want.

It was from a set piece so nothing to do with sitting deep. As for that I don't think we actually sat overly deep tonight. We were organised and rigid but we were hardly pressed back in our own third.

As for improving we will mate. I expected tonight to go the way it did. I actually thought Leipzig would have offered more going forward. Next week we will have Lundstram in midfield in a 4-3-3 snapping in to challenges, as will the rest of his team mates. With 50,000 behind the team we'll be all over them. 

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You said it was a great volley , it wasnt it was a lucky shot that 9 times out of ten would have hit a player , I never said anything about McGregor.

I'm sure he hit one in the first half that hit Tav but I'm with you fuck giving him credit lucky bastard :pipe: