***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

I thought Leipzig started to look desperate at the last bit of the second half. We managed them for most of the game and got the odd chance ourselves. Wright is not good enough and put us back on our heels several times throughout the game. I think they belive they just need to turn up next week; they are in for a bit of a shock when they turn up at Ibrox. 2-0 Rangers next week.

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I thought Leipzig started to look desperate at the last bit of the second half. We managed them for most of the game and got the odd chance ourselves. Wright is not good enough and put us back on our heels several times throughout the game. I think they belive they just need to turn up next week; they are in for a bit of a shock when they turn up at Ibrox. 2-0 Rangers next week.

We improved when we put Aribo there but then we moved him when we brought Sakala on which I thought was a mistake.

I still think GVB tactics were spot on just beaten by a wonder goal.

5 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Aribo bust his balls for us tonight. You could play him in any of 6 positions when he is on form and he would do a good job. But as you say he was knackered. 

I hate getting beat, even when away from home in Europe but he was my MOTM.

Aribo is  a player who you can build a team around and is very versatile.

So glad he has his mojo back!!!!

For all Aribo was good, Wright was as bad, I just can't see him as good enough for us.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

We improved when we put Aribo there but then we moved him when we brought Sakala on which I thought was a mistake.

I still think GVB tactics were spot on just beaten by a wonder goal.

They call it a wonder goal I call it a fluke 😉

22 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Deflate the player mate? If Scott Wright didn’t know himself he was having a shocker there’s no hope. Advocaat would’ve had him hooked in 20 mins. Fuck the sentiment, get the job done. He was hardly putting an effort in. 

Ah Advocaat and Ricksen.  How many other managers have done that in all our years? I only assume you mention him because Gio is Dutch too and played under him.

We have a threadbare squad and we need to keep squad harmony. BTW I wanted him off at half time, so no idea why I’ve got to justify my post. I only tried to attempt to understand why he want hooked at half time.

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think you just love the abuse. Nothing worse than a bored attention seeker. 

If you can't recognize Morelos' attributes then you probably never played the game.

I love Alfredo. We wouldn't have got this far without him in Europe.

With all due respect though mate, the never played the game patter is dire. Comes across as arrogance imo.

Most of the posters on here aren't  footballers, we just love Rangers.

You don't have to be good at football to be a Bear, you just need to love Rangers. 

Unless you played for Rangers no cunt gives a flying fuck. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This is going to ET next week.

That goal was a kick in the baws.

I’d happily take ET right now.

I think they’ll probably do us 2-1 as they are very good on the break and we’ll have to chase the match. However it being a home match means pretty much anything could happen given our other EL matches 😅

Not gonna lie, that equaliser deflated me but we looked so much better when we went at them, with Aribo up top rather than sitting in, which we will need to do next week! Can’t help but think the tie swings massively depending on wether Roofe makes it or not! (Something I’d never thought I would say) 

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

A keeper set correctly saves that. McGregor, despite being a keeper who doesn't come for cross balls, has been caught out a few times now from second balls from a clearance.

Its not like its a set piece, ffs.. The ball is moving and the keeper will be on the move, and will never expect someone to hit it so sweetly from that range. This is real life, not slow motion world.

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Not gonna lie, that equaliser deflated me but we looked so much better when we went at them, with Aribo up top rather than sitting in, which we will need to do next week! Can’t help but think the tie swings massively depending on wether Roofe makes it or not! (Something I’d never thought I would say) 

I thought Braga gave us a bigger runaround than them tonight.

Another important factor tonight was Tav's position. When he started getting further up the park in the 2nd half we started controling the game more. If we can get him and Borna playing high next week it causes them trouble. They play two wide men only with a back 3 so they don't have too much cover there meaning their wide men have to stay back to cover.

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Mental to think we may only have one recognised striker for both legs of a Euro semi final. So fucking unlucky with injuries 

I think we will scrape though to the final with sheer determination. Would feel much more confident if Roofe were back though.

Will be a HUGE boost if he makes it. Even if he is on the bench as a sub.

The winning margins at this stage are so very tight.