*****The Official Europa League Finalists vs Ross County Match Thread*****

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This. Our form dipped as theirs got better and that was the difference. Fuck it though. Least I've ever cared that they beat us to the title. 😂

No point in wasting our energy on what might have been.

Need to preserve it for the next 7 to 10 days.

They have literally scraped it, and that's us having a shite league campaign.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Failure to beat Aberdeen twice and Ross County has cost us the title. 

Bigger things to worry about now but I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking what if

It's worse than that - comes down to one game, the 2-1 game v them at Ibrox.

Win that and we'd be 2 points ahead right now.

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

Had the original date of the game v the taigs not been moved I still believe we would have won the league 

No doubt we dropped far too many points but that break helped them and seemed to hinder us. 

I’ve asked this before but didn’t get a clear answer, is the winter break being scrapped for good next season? 

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

Had the original date of the game v the taigs not been moved I still believe we would have won the league 

No doubt we dropped far too many points but that break helped them and seemed to hinder us. 

Sure did. Surprise surprise.

Just now, RockwellGers said:

Great win tonight, excited about the next few games. Should have won the league but fuck it. Don't see the point in filling this match thread with lamentations 

Yep, leagues been done for a while now, and we all know we shot ourselves in the foot in a few matches. All about preparation for the opportunity to achieve something greater than any league win ever could.

Gutted to not have won the league, specially when you think back to the points we’ve dropped and how bad they were the first few months of the season. 
At the same time though, I am nowhere near as raging as I thought I would be due to where we will be next week. 

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Good win on our last home game. 

Send the b team out to Hearts and keep the key players ready for next week. 

We know how we'll play,whoever is in the team,I'm more worried about how Hertz will play wi the cup final coming up V them so you have a point mate.

Mhanks went on an incredible run of consistency and that’s ultimately what won them the league. They treated the teams in this league with the contempt it deserves; the standard is pish - confirmed by the drivel in the top6 this season. Gio took weeks to work this out and was far too ‘safe’ rather than unleashing the team, as is happening now but the damage was done in the 1- 2month period.  We must win next week to improve the team, they’ll spend half the money on the loans so won’t improve much more, we could transform the squad with that cash. 

Just now, GersInCanada said:

If I had asked at the start of the season which one do you want ? You can have the title or you can have the Europa League but you can't have both ? I know which one I would have picked and it ain't the title.

Let's win it first before that

We may no have done ourselves favours in the league on some occasions but there is no denying the move of winter break to suit them and arrival of new players was a big help to them. Unfortunately we don't seem like a team that does well with time off so was a perfect storm, for those sleekit cunts.

Anyway, decent enough 90 mins tonight. On to Saturday then who knows eh. Next week is some fucking week. Hopefully none of us are that arsed about the league come this time 7 days from now