*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I’m never one to slag our support when I wasn’t there… but those who were? Was it decent?? It didn’t sound it 

I was level with the goal line at the side , everybody’s correct the atmosphere was pathetic , never seen so many people I never knew at a gers game . The fans behind the goal were the worst☹️

6 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I’m never one to slag our support when I wasn’t there… but those who were? Was it decent?? It didn’t sound it 

I have a mate that somehow (fuck knows how) got a ticket. He's never had a season ticket at Ibrox nor been to a game in ages. I think him and a work colleague got it through their work. 

I went to games with him when we were in the lower leagues and he wouldn't say a peep at them. It's all wrong the way the ticketing works imo. 

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Just the usual shit,money gets you the ticket doesn't buy you the passion 

Genuinely not sure it was that. Obv who shouts loudest and pays most gets in, but my god, it was the Europa League final. The nerves I felt in a pub with friends in London made me unable to converse, I can only imagine how people would have felt there too.

Maybe they weren’t as noisy as usual, but I don’t blame them. I don’t blame anyone. It was a defeat we didn’t deserve, and you can’t win a final with a draw.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We make fuck all from Castore on the back end so little from the merch side.

The money from the run will probably have us posting a profit and big bonuses for the executive board.

I think the executive board should only get big bonuses when silverware is won. Why do we get so little from merch?

Just now, TheBluebells said:

Aye a grand my mate paid for his. 

There will be fans in there that did the fan base proud even put themselves into debt fir that chance but I saw more get up and go from the unemployed in the pub than from the majority of our fans.

9 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Wouldn't say he's pish but he can be a bombscare at times,unfortunately had a major one tonight :-(

I’ve never been a Goldson fan - he doesn’t have the heart, the commitment, the leadership, the composure to be our CH.

I’m not going to compare him to some of our greats BUT get him to feck and play King instead.

Goldson doesn’t want to be here so he can fuck off. I don’t think he’s Rangers class BUT that’s only my opinion 👍🏻

Just now, Marky. said:

Genuinely not sure it was that. Obv who shouts loudest and pays most gets in, but my god, it was the Europa League final. The nerves I felt in a pub with friends in London made me unable to converse, I can only imagine how people would have felt there too.

Maybe they weren’t as noisy as usual, but I don’t blame them. I don’t blame anyone. It was a defeat we didn’t deserve, and you can’t win a final with a draw.

Did we not outnumber them in the stadium 

Hurting like fook and I was screaming at the telly when I saw Ramsey walk up to take a penalty. But hey ho its happened and as usual when we think that we have a chance for our club to be placed on a 'pedestal' we seem, with ever ending regularit,y to hit the self destruct button and manage very easily to knock the foundations away ourselves.

That performance tonight was by far the worst of our  entire Europa run and we brought that sh1t performance to the final.

I really cant  give anyone but Calvin Bassey pass marks.

I'm so proud of our boys, ok it wasn't what we wanted.

But who would have dreamed we would make it to another final so soon after all the shit our club has been put through by scumbags.

3 things I guessed.

1.Ramsay would miss if he took one,as he was on only a matter of minutes.

2. Tav would smash his penalty down the middle ( Thankfully it went in).

3. Calvin Bassey would have a cracking game, as he has been outstanding these past few months.

In my opinion he was man of the match.

Thought Rangers played extremely well against a top class side. Most teams would have been easily seen off suffering a 3 or 4 nil defeat by a classy Eintract Frankfurt side. Rangers nearly won it in extra time. Personally I wouldn't have let Ramsey take a penalty but it was a seriously hotly contested match. No shame whatsoever for Rangers. It could have went either way. Absolutely brilliant campaign that was defeated at the death by the narrowest of margins. Superb from both teams and both supporters. 

4 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Seemed like their noisy fans got the tickets, ours didn’t. 

Lots of kids in the shots of our end, it seemed - didn’t appear so many at theirs.

Maybe selective editing to show them having their tears wiped away…

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think the executive board should only get big bonuses when silverware is won. Why do we get so little from merch?

I agree but money is what drives the main corporate board.

They give us a chunk of money up front and run the entire retail where we don't have to put any money in to run it. They get the vast majority of the profits made the other end. 

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

I was level with the goal line at the side , everybody’s correct the atmosphere was pathetic , never seen so many people I never knew at a gers game . The fans behind the goal were the worst☹️

I’m glad (not really) that I’ve not got the wrong end of the stick! Genuinely gutted .. WTF?? Players played like it as wel tbh 

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

Did we not outnumber them in the stadium 

Numbers mean nothing. It’s people and emotion we are talking about. Fans believed beforehand, got there, realised what was going on, shat themselves as we probably all did and that was that, fine.

It happens at Hampden, it happens in big away games, we are only human. I was a wreck at the pub with a heart rate double it’s normal resting rate. Doubt I’d have been there singing my heart out either.