English journo in bizarre 'beyond parody' dig at Rangers over Orange County partnership

The Dude

English journalist Tony Evans has taken a bizarre dig at Rangers on Twitter, calling the Gers’ link up with USL side Orange County SC ‘beyond parody’.

Evans, who writes for the Independent and calls himself a ‘Scouse Separatist’ and a ‘Beer Hooligan’ appeared to have a bit of a social media meltdown over the weekend, ranting and raving on a number of subjects.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/club-news/english-journo-in-bizarre-beyond-parody-dig-at-rangers-over-us-partners/

What a strange thing to post James. 

A single tweet from a journo nobody has heard about  🤷‍♀️

Really not very interesting. I do note though your attempt to poke him on twitter. Trying to get a rise to make more of a story I suppose 

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What a strange thing to post James. 

A single tweet from a journo nobody has heard about  🤷‍♀️

Really not very interesting. I do note though your attempt to poke him on twitter. Trying to get a rise to make more of a story I suppose 

Judging by the traffic on the story, there are MANY that disagree with you.

51 minutes ago, ayro said:

Sure he used to be on TalkSport as a guest until he had a meltdown trying to justify being scouse over being English, bellend.

Not heard of him in a while, but always came across as a horrid bugger, fairly anti-us, iirc, although I can’t remember specifics.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Judging by the traffic on the story, there are MANY that disagree with you.

Many idiots, taken in by brain dead click bait pish. Sad that’s what journalism has come to.

‘You’ll not believe what so and so has tweeted’. :sarcasm:

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

English journalist Tony Evans has taken a bizarre dig at Rangers on Twitter, calling the Gers’ link up with USL side Orange County SC ‘beyond parody’.

Evans, who writes for the Independent and calls himself a ‘Scouse Separatist’ and a ‘Beer Hooligan’ appeared to have a bit of a social media meltdown over the weekend, ranting and raving on a number of subjects.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/club-news/english-journo-in-bizarre-beyond-parody-dig-at-rangers-over-us-partners/

Would imagine he had on his half n half red and green scarf on booing Prince William who was singing GSTQ at Wembley yesterday.
Things must move fast in Anthonys world as we've been partners over 3 years.
I'm curious who he wants to seperate from. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Many idiots, taken in by brain dead click bait pish. Sad that’s what journalism has come to.

‘You’ll not believe what so and so has tweeted’. :sarcasm:

There's not any aspect of that header that would be considered 'clickbait'. The headline describes the story to a tee and doesn't use sensationalism to sell something that isn't there. There's no 'bait and switch' either.

Just now, The Dude said:

There's not any aspect of that header that would be considered 'clickbait'. The headline describes the story to a tee and doesn't use sensationalism to sell something that isn't there. There's no 'bait and switch' either.

‘Journalist’ for a start. 

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

‘Journalist’ for a start. 

He's employed by the independent as a football writer and was previously at the Times. Pretty sure calling him a journalist stands up and isn't close to being clickbait.

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Slightly off topic but didn't the bindippers boo the national anthem and Prince William. 

Tells you all about scousers mentality. 

I remember asking my friends uncle who was a scouser years ago during one of the euro finals do you think England can win it ?

And he said to me I'm not English I'm from Liverpool,

Strange breed