***** Official Rangers Transfer Activity Summer 2022 *****

17 minutes ago, leam_baw said:

We need pace and energy in the middle of the park, with Jack, Lundstram, Arfield and Davis staying, I’m not sure if Gio sees it as a priority 

Including lundstrum in that list is lunacy, cunt was sprinting down the pitch in extra time in Europe for us.

10 minutes ago, Clunge said:

Including lundstrum in that list is lunacy, cunt was sprinting down the pitch in extra time in Europe for us.

He’s a defensive midfielder, and a very good one, but pace and energy, attacking prowess and dynamism is what we need. I don’t think we will bring anymore midfielders in now, I think the budget will be spent on Striker, Winger, CB and LB 

18 minutes ago, leam_baw said:

He’s a defensive midfielder, and a very good one, but pace and energy, attacking prowess and dynamism is what we need. I don’t think we will bring anymore midfielders in now, I think the budget will be spent on Striker, Winger, CB and LB 

We will 100% sign a centre mid

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We will 100% sign a centre mid

Not so sure, Jack, Davis, Lundstram, Arfield, Kamara, Lowry and Aribo. If Aribo is sold on then we will need too. We need to get the players with 1 year deals left to commit or sell them as early as possible and reinvest. 

7 hours ago, leam_baw said:

Don't see that we need another CB.  We have Goldson, Souttar, King, Katic, probably Balogun and Helander.  I'd offload Helander to anyone prepared to sign him.  If Barisic stays then no need for a LB either.   We definitely need a striker and a winger.  Also an attacking midfielder.  I'd punt Hagi.

Could see Beale chancing his arm now for QPR. 

I said from the start Gerrard was operating at a different level now at Villa in terms of finances and who he could get. Bassey maybe after the season he's had, but no one else.

Beale will have a way different budget. 

4 hours ago, Siam69 said:

I said from the start Gerrard was operating at a different level now at Villa in terms of finances and who he could get. Bassey maybe after the season he's had, but no one else.

What players could he attract?

4 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Hopefully Roofe, Helander and Jack Simpson.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

What players could he attract?

I don't know. I just said I could see him chancing his arm, didn't say I thought he would succeed, and think there's more chance of him trying than Gerrard wanting anyone, bar maybe Bassey. 

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

I don't know. I just said I could see him chancing his arm, didn't say I thought he would succeed, and think there's more chance of him trying than Gerrard wanting anyone, bar maybe Bassey. 

Cant think of anyone tbh

So we still need a backup striker and ideally a winger. (Although maybe with Lowry stepping up and getting more game time it’s not a necessity)

But we’re crying out for a goal threat from midfield. If we could find an attacking 8 that gets 15 goal involvements a season that takes us up a notch. It’s an area we badly struggle in. Worried he’s settling with the current squad given Arfield and Davis have signed on and Hagi to return from injury. Doesn’t seem like there’s space. 

Spl last season:

appearances/goal involvements

9-0 Jack

27-1 Lundstrum

31-6 Kamara

18-1 Davis

29-4 Arfield

15-2 Hagi

7-0 Sands

136-14

33-4 McGregor 

17-6 hatate

32-12 Rogic

16-7 O Reilly

25-11 Turnbull

123-40

so celtic averaged 3 times as many goal contributions from their midfield 3 as we did.

That to me looks like the only part of the team/play they are better at. If we can up those numbers we win the league. They’ve also lost 12 there from Rogic so that’s a lot of goals to replace for them

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Spl last season:

appearances/goal involvements

9-0 Jack

27-1 Lundstrum

31-6 Kamara

18-1 Davis

29-4 Arfield

15-2 Hagi

7-0 Sands

136-14

33-4 McGregor 

17-6 hatate

32-12 Rogic

16-7 O Reilly

25-11 Turnbull

123-40

so celtic averaged 3 times as many goal contributions from their midfield 3 as we did.

That to me looks like the only part of the team/play they are better at. If we can up those numbers we win the league. 

You could throw Kent and Aribo, and probably even Morelos in there and it would still be pish poor.

Get nowhere near the amount of goals we should from our midfield and forward line.

Tav has to pull us out a hole time after time.