*****Rangers v West Ham United*****

G.E.C.

On 16/07/2022 at 22:22, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

No, heā€™s Rangers.

Iā€™ve never came across a family over here that has that sort of split within it. Rangers and celtic are almost an identification of the religious and political background you were born into in NI, so it would be a pretty big thing for one family to have a supporter of each.

As a teenager I went to Rangers games with a guy who's brother was one of them. They came from a "mixed" family and the older brother went to football with his dad as a young boy so became a bear. They went to a Catholic school and younger brother played football every weekend so didnt go to games and got his football allegiences through his school mates, hence became one of them. He ended up signjng for Aberdeen during Fergie years but didnt make the grade. Played for St Johnstone for over a decade.Ā Ā 

Edit: Just realised you were talking about NI which I appreciate is significantly different.Ā 

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

As a teenager I went to Rangers games with a guy who's brother was one of them. They came from a "mixed" family and the older brother went to football with his dad as a young boy so became a bear. They went to a Catholic school and younger brother played football every weekend so didnt go to games and got his football allegiences through his school mates, hence became one of them. He ended up signjng for Aberdeen during Fergie years but didnt make the grade. Played for St Johnstone for over a decade.Ā Ā 

Allan McManus?Ā